Watch-Related Cat Names

My wife has always insisted that I take responsibility for naming our cats. Our last cat died in May, and it finally seems like the time to welcome a new critter to our home. In the past I've taken inspiration from interests and hobbies, and perhaps it's watches' and watchmaking's turn. I was mulling over several possibilities, but my visit to the shelter tossed a wrench into my plans. Fully intending to return with one cat, I, of course, came back with two. That's what my wife gets for sending me to the shelter while she's out of town. So now I have to come up with two cat names, and they really should be closely related. (The two cats were picked up together as strays by the county, and they're clearly BFFs, practically glued to each other.) Since none of my initial ideas work as a pair, I'm opening the floor for suggestions. Cats are male and female, medium/large, about 2 years old, and quite active. The male is a brown tabby and the female is a grey tabby.

I'll throw out one suggestion (not necessarily a good one) to get things started: Mainspring and Hairspring

Like 4
Two idiosyncratic, yet endearing cats/movement designs: Bumper and Hummer (i.e. tuning fork)

Like 2
The sage advice I have heard many times regards cat names is don't name them number them ( name your dogs but number your cats), so 1 and 2. This relates to watches in that you have a first wheel and a 2nd wheel which of course leaves it open to further cats (pets) as there are a couple more wheels in a standard watch configuration.

Like 1
Spring and gear

universal and Geneve

Rollie And Om

Otto and matic

or just pick from the plethora of Watch Brands!

Like 2
Chrono and Diver?

Rather than watches, I took inspiration from favourite records. Our deaf cat, Tommy (RIP) was an easy one (Tommy can you hear me….’). And our present lord and master Presto was named for his resemblance to the bunnies on the cover of Rush’s 1990 LP.

Like 2
My three are

Max (Verstappen)
Lando (Norris)
And Clarkson (Jeremy)

jeremy got his name as we couldn’t agree on a Driver for the third. Lewis, Kimi, Valteri and Danny or Ricardo just didn’t seem to work with him and a buddy said what about Jezza and it was done.

In hindsite it should have been…

Clarkson, James, and Hamster

Like 3
I think Foo2rama has the best: otto and matic. Brilliant!

Like 3
The names of my pets are somewhat eclectic.
My Macaw that I had in Singapore was Jack, Jack Sparrow.
My African Grey when I lived in Saudi was Nelson.
My cat is Ziggy because he was born around the time that Bowie died.
One of our other cats is Bonnie as he is a Scottish Fold. Was originally supposed to be a girl but Bonnie still suits him.

If you want watch related, what about Oris and Yema?

Like 4
George (Daniels) and Rupert (Gould)

or ...

Speedy and Sub

Like 2
Bell & Ross

Like 6
@sathomasga I was in the same situation as you back in May, sorry to hear about it. I too ended up getting two instead of one. The shelter had two that were a bonded pair and we didn’t want to break them up and I’m glad we didn’t. I’ve read plenty on how it’s better to take home two so they have a friend to adjust to their new living situation and whatnot. Have fun with them and let us know what names you settle on!

Like 1
Thinking about straps, you could go with Croc, Lizard or Suede

if one is clumsy, it’s named Bumper

I still cringe when I recall a former neighbour calling her two cats in at night: “Tchaikovsky…Chopin…”

Edit: It’s too bad the cats don’t look the same, you could have just gone with calling them both Speedmaster ::stirthepot::

Like 2
Buddy of mine has two dogs, Gin and Tonic, our two cats are Brittney and Andrew, I like human names on animals, as for naming after watch related stuff, slow and fast:)

Like 1
Buddy of mine has two dogs, Gin and Tonic, our two cats are Brittney and Andrew, I like human names on animals, as for naming after watch related stuff, slow and fast:)

Have a cat that’s shelter name was Bond….now answers to James.

The neighbour probably thinks it’s a child…as it’s called in for dinner at around 7pm every day.

Like 3