Forums Latest Members
  1. CaptainWinsor Sep 26, 2019

So I went to the local Omega Boutiki today to ask about an extract for my latest acquisition a 30T2 purchased here. So the guy in a white Omega lab coat tells me that extracts have been available online here in the US for a couple of years but they can’t do one in store anyway because the Museum is under renovation and closed. I don’t think I’m a total noob but I’m fairly certain the museum is open and you can’t get an extract here. He said he contact me and let me know.
    They did offer me a water and I got a copy of this which I recommend. Has a nice history pull out inside

1778A464-F45B-4559-9E61-40E50F2738D7.jpeg

64Wing likes this.
  2. coronado Sep 27, 2019

I'm wanting an extract for my 321 Speedmaster.

The global Omega website says extracts aren't available online for us Americans. The US website has a link for extracts, but it's a dead link.

Yesterday I sent an email to Omega US Customer Service asking for the process of getting an extract. Waiting to hear what they say.

3. percymon Sep 27, 2019

My recent application online (UK) came back in 3 weeks as an email (pdf stored , and subsequently downloaded, from MyOmega website). Paper copy arrived about 7 days later

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 27, 2019

Museums open, extracts are back. Boutiques can do them. Or contact Omega Customer service via the website.

SpeedyPhill and coronado like this.
  5. coronado Sep 30, 2019

Here is the email I received today (September 30, 2019) from Omega's US Customer Service:

We thank you for your email as well as your interest in obtaining an Extract of the Archives.

In response to the exponential growth of 'Extract from the Archives' requests, we developed a watch records search system that proved to be highly successful. Having already met the expectations of our discerning customers, we would now like to exceed them, by investing time and effort into maintaining and improving our 'Extract from the Archives' tool.

At the same time, we are moving a big part of our archives to updated premises close to OMEGA's new Museum that will open its doors in the near future. Please note that for the duration of this work, the 'Extract from the Archives' service will not be available.
    (emphasis mine)

To be notified on the precise date the 'Extract from the Archives' service will be reintroduced, please subscribe via the below listed link.

https://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/extract-of-the-archives

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Edited Sep 30, 2019
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 30, 2019

someone is giving bad info since that links to ordering an extract.

just call your nearest OB and they can assist you. Extracts have been back for a month or 2.

7. WatchCor Sep 30, 2019

Well not necessarily. Screencap from the site:
    Screenshot_20190930-195731_1.jpg

It is mentioned that US customers are not getting EoA online currently.

As @Foo2rama mentioned a OB might be able to help though.

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 30, 2019

US customers have never been able to get it online.

so as I said you just have to call your nearest OB like you had to do before they took the system offline for movement.

(note yes a very small window apparently existed right before the closure of the system for movement to the new museum that might have allowed US owners to use the site)

9. WatchCor Sep 30, 2019

Thanx for the clarification. I didn't know that.

Interesting that there are still such limitations in a modern global economy. I would surmise postage to US isn't any more difficult than to Australia. There surely is some technical , legal and/or business explanation to their practice regarding US and EoA.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 30, 2019

you can get them in the US. You just have to do it via an OB.

Omega was not allowed to do business or sell things in the US over the internet. The official line was due to a copyright issue they could not legeally do it. Some felt it might have been due to resellers agreements with AD’s.

About 2-3 years ago Omega started selling over the internet in the US. But the extract process was never opened up to the US via the internet. Only via an OB. It has nothing to do with postage. It is either now due to no one telling the web team, or they want to reduce the volume of requests by putting a barrier on US requests.

WatchCor likes this.
  11. mac_omega Sep 30, 2019

No, in fact this restriction will last as long as the "blond" US president is "in duty"

Pilot85 and chronoboy64 like this.
  12. coronado Sep 30, 2019

I will go the Omega boutique in Dallas this week and I hope they are up to speed on the latest procedures to get an extract.

13. abrod520 Sep 30, 2019

Depends heavily on the OB - some will give you a confused look and tell you it's not something they do

14. Dan S Sep 30, 2019

Customer Service used to send you a PDF file of a form that you could submit via email with your credit card number. That was convenient, and I'm sorry if that isn't an option any more. That said, the response from Customer Service just seems outdated and obsolete, so maybe the email route will still be an option.

Foo2rama likes this.
  15. ndgal Sep 30, 2019

You can order them online even if you're in the US.
    Just put a non US address at checkout.
    (Yes, your credit card payment will go through even with an address that doesn't match your billing address).

With the previous extract format (printed on a full A4 paper with R.A's original signature and Red binder with wax seal) it would kinda suck not having the actual original one in hand.
    With the current renewed format where they basically give it to you on a folded napkin, who give a F? Just download the PDF and print it yourself at home like this (Looks a lot better than the one actually sent by Omega):

[​IMG]

Dan S likes this.
  16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 30, 2019

These are free. And much nicer than the current Ω offering.

::stirthepot::

LonginesExtract.jpg

Speedimaster, DaveK and CaptainWinsor like this.
  17. Dan S Sep 30, 2019

In my imagination, I am picturing a random household in a foreign country that keeps receiving these mysterious certificates from Omega, courtesy of @ndgal. :D

coronado likes this.
  18. coronado Sep 30, 2019

Ndgal, your watch and I were born only a few days apart. Your extract confirms what I've suspected all my life... I'm a DON, not a DNN.

dgAUFt.jpg

SpeedyPhill, Foo2rama and mac_omega like this.
  19. Dash1 Oct 1, 2019

The down side being that you’d have to own a Longines to take advantage of it :)

mr_yossarian likes this.
  20. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 1, 2019

Owning a Longines? Hardly a down side. ;)

DaveK and 64Wing like this.