Waiting in line (Really Omega??)

Totally expected based on two years ago. Shame 75% of people in line are just flippers. Im heading to NYC saturday for a bros weekend. I see on the Swatch site for the snoopy there are 5 swatch boutiques on Manhatten that <should> have these instead of JUST the Times Square flagship store. Crossing fingers.

A byproduct of the gig economy and how the workplace works now. The same old men yelling at clouds who will say that young people need to get off their arse and hustle to make a living, complain when they do just that with things like this.

Amen. It sucks that Swatch has taken this approach (artificial scarcity) to build hype. But, I can't fault people for seeing an opportunity to make a buck.

Like 1
Indeed there is a large fraction of an entire generation that loves to hustle to make a buck this way, but is horrified at the idea of a 9-5 in-person job. Fortunately, I just read the results of a survey suggesting that Gen-Zers are the most likely to want to return to in-person work, for networking, in-person training, career advancement, and adult company.

Like 1
I had to wait in line too recently, at the Tysons Corner store in Virginia. Frustrating but also glad to see others are into Omega!

Like 1
A byproduct of The same old men yelling at clouds <snip>

Hey!!!!
4765C42E-D7AE-4EA0-836C-A1716C4AF556.jpeg

Like 5
A lot of opinions here. I want to clarify a few things here:
1. I don’t know that even I would have waited in that line when I saw it. I told my sister as much but she said it was fine. She had her phone and basically worked through that entire time. More than anything she was dismayed at the experience. For context, she’s the marketing director for the biggest hotel in Miami Beach. That hotel is a part of the world’s largest hotel chain. So…..trust me very few people here are going to school her on sales, demand, marketing, etc. When I told her about the amount of stores that existed, the demand, etc she was pretty shocked at the experience.
2. A lot of you are saying this is history repeating itself but not realizing that that’s exactly why it shouldn’t happen again.
3. Yes, Swatch is the parent company and this is technically a “swatch” watch, but they’re one and the same if you ask me. Did omega advertise this themselves, yes. They’re in on it and I assume would have some say in how this is handled. Regardless of who you attribute this to, it’s ridiculous in todays day and age. To have a rollout from a company of that size and ONLY sell it in a total of 14 stores in the entirely of a country?? Come on guys, seriously? This isn’t about added hype. This isn’t about increasing anything. It’s poor execution.

Like 1
3. Yes, Swatch is the parent company and this is technically a “swatch” watch,

Exactly why this thread should be in the Swatch section of the forum...

2. A lot of you are saying this is history repeating itself but not realizing that that’s exactly why it shouldn’t happen again.

I mean, really is this a big deal? Yes it sucked, but I'm not sure too many people would invest so much emotionally in this issue. It sounds like someone at the store messed up - people are human, it happens.

Like 4
Exactly why this thread should be in the Swatch section of the forum...
Most people aren’t buying it bc it’s a swatch. This is basically sold and marketed as an Speedmaster-lite. That’s a fact. The watch says Omega on it. It also clearly is labeled AS a Speedmaster. and again, my issue IS with Omega for allowing this to happen to something with THEIR name on it.

Like 2
Most people aren’t buying it bc it’s a swatch. This is basically sold and marketed as an Speedmaster-lite. That’s a fact. The watch says Omega on it. It also clearly is labeled AS a Speedmaster. and again, my issue IS with Omega for allowing this to happen to something with THEIR name on it.

It's a Swatch, not an Omega. This is a Swatch issue, not an Omega issue.

Like 1
I mean, really is this a big deal? Yes it sucked, but I'm not sure too many people would invest so much emotionally in this issue. It sounds like someone at the store messed up - people are human, it happens.
I've written it a few times already. I don't care that much that we didn't get the watch, but yes, the lack of respect for someone's time absolutely bothers me. Because as you said yourself, I'm "human".

The only metal on the watch is the battery and spring bars.

Like 2
Perhaps they had 5 more but they got rejected due to flaws.

perhaps if you had done research?

just be glad you live near a swatch store. I am 2 hours away from the closest.

I guess I should be mad that Swatch doesn’t have a closer store!!!!
Edited:

Like 5
I've written it a few times already. I don't care that much that we didn't get the watch, but yes, the lack of respect for someone's time absolutely bothers me. Because as you said yourself, I'm "human".

Just to be sure I want to check...they were not forcing your sister to stand in line, right? I thought so.

I get that it was disappointing and you want to rant about it, but we've heard all this before on the initial release, all the constant whining and moaning, the claims that Omega would fail as a business because of this, yadda yadda yadda. No one here wants to relive all that whining and crying over again. If you are that upset, go back and complain (or better yet complain at the time it happened), or launch a law suit, or whatever.

Like 2

You are making a very very big assumption that Omega has any power to influence how Swatch wants to operate. Swatch is the parent here, not the other way around.

Like 4
Over 6 decades ago, plastic watches came in modular form (loose dials) and there were more than enough for everyone !
:whistling:
FORTIS PLASTIC FANTASTIC.jpg

Like 1
I think this is a very well calculated move by swatch. They want to keep the demand high and create FOMO with their customers. If they would saturate the market on their first shipment they wouldn't sell nearly as many watches as they will do now.

Like 2
I think this is a very well calculated move by swatch. They want to keep the demand high and create FOMO with their customers. If they would saturate the market on their first shipment they wouldn't sell nearly as many watches as they will do now.
Well they certainly won’t be selling one to me!

Well they certainly won’t be selling one to me!
I don't think we omega fans necessarily are their target group. What swatch did with the Moonswatches can be a big benefit for omega in the long run. I've seen a lot of younger people wearing it and liking the design. Chances are if they are looking for a luxury watch down the line they'll look at omega first.

Like 5