Waiting in line (Really Omega??)

This is exactly what Swatch wants to happen. The main value of these releases is to create buzz
This is the key point:

(1.) What's a Collab anyway?
@gm3sf is missing the reason Omega's name is on it: for the design only. That's Omega's contribution, whereas Swatch's contribution is the manufacture & sales, including the distribution channel, volumes, sales policies, promotions, et al. That's all Swatch.

Rolex's name is on a lot of tennis tournaments, but ticket lines aren't Rolex's fault.

(2.) Is plastic bad?
G-shock makes plastic watches too, and their business is doing pretty well with a fair number of fans (sales > USD$1B)

(3.) Luxury products always need an entry point
Malls & foot traffic are down globally with the rise in e-commerce and that changes the game of getting the attention & interest of a new generation of buyers. Waiting in line and getting that kinda hard to get luxe item is just as pleasing at $300, $3000, $30000, or $30,000,000 since all that's different is the zeros.

Rolex's name is on a lot of tennis tournaments, but ticket lines aren't Rolex's fault.
Ah fυck it, I’ll blame the bastards anyway!

I would never wait in line for a watch. In a few months, the snoopys will probably have more stock and you'll get one. When the OmegaSwatch came out, i think i waited 8 months finally walk in a store to buy one. Luckily, they had a mission to mars at the time i went in. I bought it and have worn it once...

$3k?

I swear... this industry.

I swear all the time……it’s not really to do with the industry……I just like fucken swearing! 😁
Think of it as the working man’s punctuation

As expected prices now have gone into the $400s on stockx. No need to ever wait in line for this.