Waiting in line (Really Omega??)

I’m posting this here because it’s more about the omega brand than about the watch itself. I hope it’s not moved from here because it’s something I’d rather discuss with Omega enthusiasts.
Anyways…..this morning my sister went to the Swatch store in Miami Beach (near her work) to buy a snoopy moonswatch that I wanted for my wife’s birthday (I live in Sac CA and don’t have a store nearby). She drove by early to get a lay of the land and saw there was already a line. As it turns out the store opened an hour early. She got in line and at one point the manager came out and started counting. He counted her at number 97 and kept counting. When he got to 103 he said, “starting to get low around here”. With this, she waited….and waited. Two and a half hours later she was let into the store and this is where I have a problem…..she’s two people away and they say “that’s it. No more watches”. At this point I’m pissed off because of the time wasted. They could have come out a long time before, maybe when there were 30 people left, and told those people behind them that there would be no watches for them. They literally let her get within feet of the register to tell her they were out.
To make people have to go out to an extremely limited amount of stores around the country to buy this thing is ridiculous and how omega allows this is beyond me. Look at the line pictured. My sister said she was surrounded by people that openly talked about reselling the watch. People brought kids to stand in line with them to buy another watch. A cop just walked in without making the line and walked out with a bag. This is honestly just a disaster and there’s no reason why it should be handled this way.
I should add that I’m only slightly annoyed at not getting the watch. What really bothers me is the blatant lack of respect for people’s time. They could sell these online. They could give out numbers IN the actual line (which would show them who is trying to buy more than one with a kid), just so many ways to handle this better.
Edited:

Oh and for the record, because of the time difference, I only found out she was standing in that line long after she was already in it. I told her when she saw it she should have just walked back to her car. She said that at point and bc of what the manager said she never thought she wouldn’t get one. She was all in.

What really bothers me is the blatant lack of respect for people’s time

Oh, the irony…

Like 16
It certainly could have been better handled by the store’s staff. Sorry that you and she had to deal with that and ended up without a watch.

Why is Omega in the title, it's a Swatch watch.

Like 7
Well, ok, but the thing has the Omega name and logo on it, doesn’t it, or am I mistaken? It’s not a Swatch-Tissot product or any other brand under the Swatch corporate umbrella.

If you collaborated with someone and put your name on that endeavor, would you be ok if it was handled poorly?

If you collaborated with someone and put your name on that endeavor, would you be ok if it was handled poorly?
If Omega wanted to intervene they would have already done so 1 week after the introduction 2 years ago.

Like 2
Well, ok, but the thing has the Omega name and logo on it, doesn’t it, or am I mistaken? It’s not a Swatch-Tissot product or any other brand under the Swatch corporate umbrella.
I can't get anything done on a Moonswatch at an OB/AD warranty wise so it's all on Swatch, this situation is how they see it benefiting them them most IMHO.

Like 2

From the media:

https://www.gq.com/story/omega-swatch-snoopy-moonswatch-is-here

"Omega team up with its sister brand Swatch", "the MoonSwatch is a Bioceramic-cased, battery-powered chronograph built by Swatch and Omega".

From Swatch Group:

https://www.swatch.com/en-us/bioceramic-moonswatch/mission-to-the-moonphase.html

"Two years after the stellar convergence of OMEGA and Swatch, the iconic Bioceramic MoonSwatch Collection is ready to celebrate another mission"

"All dials carry the OMEGA X Swatch branding"

"The Bioceramic MoonSwatch Collection is a playful tribute to Omega's legendary Speedmaster Moonwatch".

Like 2
It’s still a Swatch at the end of the day, but irrespective of whether it’s a Swatch or an Omega we knew there would be huge crowds and demand for the first batches. That’s why you wait and get it a bit after the first day, the hypebeast kids who need it for the IG following are the ones with tents getting in first.

Like 12
From the media:

https://www.gq.com/story/omega-swatch-snoopy-moonswatch-is-here

"Omega team up with its sister brand Swatch", "the MoonSwatch is a Bioceramic-cased, battery-powered chronograph built by Swatch and Omega".

From Swatch Group:

https://www.swatch.com/en-us/bioceramic-moonswatch/mission-to-the-moonphase.html

"Two years after the stellar convergence of OMEGA and Swatch, the iconic Bioceramic MoonSwatch Collection is ready to celebrate another mission"

"All dials carry the OMEGA X Swatch branding"

"The Bioceramic MoonSwatch Collection is a playful tribute to Omega's legendary Speedmaster Moonwatch".
Maybe OP should send a complaint to Raynald Aeschlimann, Pretty certain it will be forwarded to Swatch CS.

Like 1
While I 100% agree that the process could be handled much better, this is a Swatch store and the blame falls on Swatch.

Like 8
While I 100% agree that the process could be handled much better, this is a Swatch store and the blame falls on Swatch.
This I agree with. Despite the title of the thread, I think that the OP’s complaint is directed at the store’s management.

Like 2
The new Austin store had people lined up from early in the morning. I dropped in over lunch as it's only a block from my office. Most didn't get one according to the Swatch fella who came in for the release. Wouldn't tell me how many they sold and wouldn't tell me when the next batch is coming in. I'm not standing in line for a plastic watch.

They did have the Blancpain series in and had plenty.

Reminds me of the lines I used to do for my son's Pokemon days. Pass.

Like 1
There are currently 182 listings on eBay. I’m not surprised the lines were full of resellers. It’s what happened from day one of the original “Mission to…” series, and it lasted that way for months. It took a while before they started to fall into the hands of people that actually wanted them. It’ll be that way for this Snoopy version as well.

IMG_4558.jpeg

Like 1
There are currently 182 listings on eBay. I’m not surprised the lines were full of resellers. It’s what happened from day one of the original “Mission to…” series, and it lasted that way for months. It took a while before they started to fall into the hands of people that actually wanted them. It’ll be that way for this Snoopy version as well.

IMG_4558.jpeg
OUCH $300 is a stretch. Over 3K is F-ing ridiculous.

Like 5
Good Lord. You can buy a decent used Speedmaster Pro for just a bit more than those prices!

Like 5
Sorry your sister got introduced to the sad world of our resale economy. I get selling through a hot new release quickly, but for the store to knowingly allow for multiple sales after the manager was telling people in line they were within the stock limit per their place in line is just stupid.

Like 2