Vintage IWC (International Watch Company) Information

I’d actually prefer an Omega but just haven’t seen one I like under $2K.
Should not be a problem finding i good 18k Omega for that money depending on what kind of Omega you are looking at, just need to be patient and maybe list a want to buy here on the forum.

Excellent watch, many congrats ! If i understand correctly the picture of just the dial in the 2nd pic is a redial ?

Thanks for clarifying, and it is great you still have the first or original dial.

Just back from a full service, likely the first one the watch ever had. New strap as well. Now I'll have to search for a period-correct OEM gold buckle.
20220924_154120.jpg

Like 7
I was offered an interesting vintage IWC dress watch w/ Cal.89, and the numeral looks gilt.
I tried to google but no hit to any similar model.
I wonder where I can find information about this watch, any experts from this thread can share your insight?

Dial looks strange to me...l and w shouldn't touch each other, dot over i in International looks a bit off and lack of swiss at 6, these are red flags imho...you have to be very careful with iwc dials, this one could be a factory later replacement but let's hear other opinions from experts here.
Edited:

Like 2
You can send it to IWC in Schafhausen and they will check it for you and provide an extract from the archives / authenticity certificate for around US$ 300. I presume if they find that it's been repainted they will just note that on the certificate. They may also offer to replace the dial at cost. You could email them this picture at [email protected] and ask what they can offer in terms of the dial. It's possible that they'll confirm it's not in original condition and quote you for a new dial. They'll probably want the $300 first by you can try;)

I live in Switzerland and have a YouTube channel on which I post videos about my own research into things like this, and I have four vintage IWCs myself.

Like 2
Thanks @bardamu and @dtaylor, I do find a few sample of early IWC original dial w/o swiss mark on it. I'll reach out to IWC about extract of archive process.

Here's an honest 1941's IWC, foreign case with wolf and "4" hallmark on the lug, so probably a 14k case.
IWCgold.jpg

Like 6
I've got this one 583A, calibre 853 from 1959 that I bought here on OF from @No Mercy - who was able to share pics of my own model from an old catalogue : very much appreciated.
I loved those lugs and could not pass.
IMG_5924.JPG Capture d’écran 2023-05-12 à 18.29.59.png

Like 8
Ditto on those lugs, just sharp! I was sooo close to pulling the trigger, glad you got it congrats!

I've got this one 583A, calibre 853 from 1959 that I bought here on OF from @No Mercy - who was able to share pics of my own model from an old catalogue : very much appreciated.
I loved those lugs and could not pass.
IMG_5924.JPG Capture d’écran 2023-05-12 à 18.29.59.png

Like 1