Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1979 IWC International Watch Co 2407 / 1419

1. OllieOnTheRocks Nov 2, 2020

Hello guys,

Me again, as before slowly reducing the size of my collection.

Today I am offering the classiest watch in my collection - this IWC 2407 with integrated bracelet.

IMG_1553.jpg

To me this watch is the epitome of good design. It delicately balances elegance with sophistication, whilst in no way limiting the practicality of its use. The dial brightly illuminates beautifully whilst the batons catch the light, the case so thin and discrete chamfers down to the crown, making turning it easier than any other watch in my collection. The bracelet neatly finishes the design by allowing the end to slide within itself leaving no stray ends. It is divine and that's without even discussing the movement inside - see below for the pictures as I think it speaks for itself.

It comes with the original Guarantee, and this the model reference is stated as 2407, although I have seen what seem to be identical watches advertised with the reference 1419, so I'm not sure what the difference between these two are or if indeed there are any differences. For the purposes of helping people's searches I have added both references to the title, although as I describe this is indeed the 2407.

The dial: This dial is a simply stunning silver sunburst with elegant and simple baton hour markers. There appears to be almost blemish-free with the exception of a small and very discrete marks near the 9 O'clock, however, you really have to concentrate to see it and be under the right light. I certainly didn't notice it until after many many wearings.
    IMG_1538.jpg IMG_1539.jpg IMG_1540.jpg IMG_1551.jpg IMG_1552.jpg
    The case: Incredibly sharp and unpolished the case beautifully combines and sets off the bracelet in a beautiful united way. Original crown. As a designer myself, I cannot stress the emotional connection this watch seems to invoke in its wearer. This is where fine watchmaking meets masculine jewellery in the most refined of ways. It measures 34mm in diameter without crown, and 37mm lug to lug. It is so thin too, that I can see this being worn for the most elegant of occasions.
    IMG_1541.jpg IMG_1542.jpg IMG_1543.jpg IMG_1544.jpg IMG_1545.jpg IMG_1546.jpg IMG_1547.jpg IMG_1548.jpg IMG_1549.jpg IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    The movement: This movement is beautiful to look at and is working very very well. I have not had it serviced during my possession as I have had no issues that have concerned me or led me to believe a service is necessary. That said I have measured it for accuracy and offer no such guarantees. It will be up to the buyers discretion as to whether a service is due.
    IMG_1524.jpg
    The bracelet: The beautiful integrated bracelet fits to a large range go wrists sizes as would a regular wrist strap, here however the loose end tucks inside the bracelet and therefore creates a very elegant and enjoyable wearing experience. Not only is it practically a lovely bracelet but it is delicate and lovely to the touch, almost like fish scales at moves to the contours of your wrist and reflects the light in the most beautiful of ways.
    IMG_1537.jpg
    Box and papers: The watch comes with the original paperwork guarantee which states that the watch was purchased in 1979 in Japan. Unfortunately there is no box.
    IMG_1558.jpg IMG_1557.jpg
    Overall condition: 9/10 - I think you can tell by my writing how much this watch inspires me, as such I am not in a rush to sell it, but am open to offers. I am always happy to negotiate and my prices are not fixed.

Price: £1500 - Hard to price but I have seen a couple of others around this price, so this is where I shall start negotiations.

Feedback: Four sales so far on here and four satisfied buyers:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/excellent-experience-buying-from-ollieontherocks.117036/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ollieontherocks-is-a-great-seller.116885/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ollieontherocks-is-an-excellent-seller.117015/

I also have over 300 positive Ebay feedback and amazon feedback.

Thank you omega forums for the platform to sell, I hope someone likes the watch it’s a fantastic piece that in my opinion is an example of a great vintage dress watch for your collection!

I always think a video helps show off a watch in its best light so I took this video:

https://imgur.com/B0Aup4i

*Sold as seen - pictures contribute to description
    *No returns

Seaborg, Eve, inchpincher and 15 others like this.
  2. OllieOnTheRocks Nov 9, 2020

Reduced to £1350 :)

3. OllieOnTheRocks Nov 22, 2020

£1250 Net to me! Regards :)

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 22, 2020

That bracelet...::love::

OllieOnTheRocks likes this.
  5. OllieOnTheRocks Dec 3, 2020

Bump!

6. OllieOnTheRocks Dec 11, 2020

Reduced to £1100 net to me :)

7. OllieOnTheRocks Dec 20, 2020