Vintage Constellation

Sorry, i am not sure if i understand your proverb 😀

Meaning: One can deny reality, it is a personal choice, whatever makes one happy.

Why is it not?

Not saying it is not real, just genuinely curious as to how you can know your dial is original, and not an redial.

You hinted that the watch i own is not an original, but with no explanation, therefore i would like to know how you can tell 😀

Not saying it is not real, just genuinely curious as to how you can know your dial is original, and not an redial.

You hinted that the watch i own is not an original, but with no explanation, therefore i would like to know how you can tell 😀

As pasted above..........
/

As pasted above..........
/
Right, i am currently going through that.

But ever since i have not seen this particular dial combination before, i am looking for someone who has, or maybe even has some experience about crooked/weird text who can tell if this exact one is just a redial or some special kind of transition

Can you offer any help?
Edited:

I can't quite put my finger on it but the dial looks a little too white, too clean

Let’s compare fonts:

OP watch:

cs-jpg.1824753

A Seamaster from the same time period:

upload_2024-8-16_19-11-4.jpeg
https://omegaforums.net/threads/let...waffle-and-hobnail.173187/page-4#post-2384634

Close enough for me. I think they are both original.
gatorcpa

Looks great with the silver markers as well!
Curios about all the dots on the dial, is it patina or original design?
Patina. At some point this piece suffered some water ingress

I guess this is an example of shoot first, ask questions later. Would have been better to ask first if you weren’t sure

If that's a redial, it's a damn good one. The crosshair lines on a redial are usually a dead giveaway. These look exactly as they should.

If that's a redial, it's a damn good one. The crosshair lines on a redial are usually a dead giveaway. These look exactly as they should.
Exactly my thoughts. Looks genuine

I took this photo at Omega Museum in Bienne couple years ago. Just noticed the font very similar to OP example. Little blurry taken through the glass case but can make out font
IMG_1823.jpeg

Let’s compare fonts:

OP watch:

cs-jpg.1824753

A Seamaster from the same time period:

upload_2024-8-16_19-11-4.jpeg
https://omegaforums.net/threads/let...waffle-and-hobnail.173187/page-4#post-2384634

Close enough for me. I think they are both original.
gatorcpa

You have been to a really big help in this thread, thanks alot!
I have spent alot of time looking for a similar composition in the three words on another watch, and i havent really succeeded.
Looks like i should have been looking abit more in the Seamaster department, rather than only focusing on the Constellations!

I learned there is a hell lot of different writing types from that time period, and it can sometimes be quite hard to find exactly what you are searching for!

So this is really awesome for me, thanks alot!
Edited:

I guess this is an example of shoot first, ask questions later. Would have been better to ask first if you weren’t sure

Yes, i can see that in retrospect 👍

I took this photo at Omega Museum in Bienne couple years ago. Just noticed the font very similar to OP example. Little blurry taken through the glass case but can make out font
IMG_1823.jpeg

Looks quite similar to me!
Thanks
Edited:

Hey, if you are still in 2 minds I will gladly take it off your hands😉 and correct your “mistake”
Yes, i can see that in retrospect 👍

Dial is probably too clear for not to be refinished but otherwise it’s a gorgeous watch 😀

Dial is probably too clear for not to be refinished but otherwise it’s a gorgeous watch 😀
Not necessarily. I have watches in my collection that are 65+ years old with original unrefinished dials that look new. Here’s an example:
upload_2024-8-18_11-54-56.jpeg