Forums Latest Members

Video: Omega Seamaster Pro 300M Ceramic Review

1. RRMagyar Dec 24, 2015

This is a wonderful review -- I bought a new SMPc, with a blue dial, and this review is spot on based on my experience with the watch. An exceptional watch that far exceeds my expectations.

Mmurphy likes this.
  2. CTS-V Jan 11, 2016

Great vid and pics!

3. Mmurphy Jan 21, 2016

Brilliant review!
    Didn't know the logo and hands are white gold!
    What is the watch face made from?

4. vadimo Jan 25, 2016

i love the watch but one thing i wish they did is to colour the inner of the unidirectional rotating bezel, when you look at the watch face you can see the stainless steel finish.

5. Fernando Mar 3, 2016

Enjoy the watch! Great review!

6. vinn2 Mar 4, 2016

very good pix -- I need a new camera

7. cw56710 Mar 5, 2016

Great review, but the hands and indices aren't in white gold, they are a rhodium plated metal. Rhodium plating is particularly important to omega for the preservation of their visible items (although gold works well) and their finishing of their movements and bridges for durability and corrosion-resistance.

8. cw56710 Mar 5, 2016

When you put them side by side and forget the price and movement difference, you can appreciate how innovative the 2254 was and is for its time. I feel that the lumed indices are better than the sunken ones in the new SM300 and the hands very ncie, although I like the Broad Arrow very much so. The 2254.50 is a true military classic and embodies all of the great seamaster features we enjoy today.

9. cw56710 Mar 5, 2016

They
    used rhodium plating, not white gold. Although both are brilliant and can obtain wonderful finish. Not sure where the reviewer (in general great review) got the white gold idea, maybe just an assumption because Omega nor any other trusted source indicates anything other than Rhodium Plated indices and Hands and movement for corrosion protection and it is one of the brightest white metals around and highly rare at that. Sadly they aren't solid Rhodium, as that would be extraordinarily expensive and even if they were white gold it would be imparative for the reveiewer to indicate that they would be plated on a model of this caliber not solid. I have the 212.30.41.20.01.003 (Ceramic Black Bond) and I truly enjoy this piece over my Planet Ocean

Time2WatchOut likes this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 5, 2016

That's actually what white gold usually is, a gold alloy plated with rhodium

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Gold

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 5, 2016

Solid rhodium would be cheap, the hands weigh almost nothing, at most you'd be under 2 grams, which is only ~$40 worth of Rhodium. The full handset costs several times that much, and white gold is most definitely the material Omega uses frequently in applied indices as their press releases state.

To put it in perspective, the 18K solid gold bezel on a Rolex Datejust contains around 5.5 grams from memory of 18K gold, or just over 4 grams of pure gold. So in an entire bezel there is only ~$160 worth of gold. The hands and hour markers are dramatically less weight, one of the nice things about gold is a little bit goes a very long way, especially when used in things that are nearly flat.

12. cw56710 Mar 6, 2016

Sadly omega doesn't use white gold indices as indicated on their website. They use rhodium plated brass. There is no need to explain all these things when you haven't even consulted omega on what they use. Feel free to look on trusted resources to understand that omega never has used gold on any stainless steel or titanium pieces. I understand jewelry, only 70 percent of white gold is rhodium plated and that has nothing to do with omega. Seeing that all of the parts on the 8400 movement are brass coated rhodium and the speedy movement is brass not rose gold omega also uses the same brass coated rhodium on indices and hands. To prove this just ask omega or look at where people on WUS have letters from omega stating this.

13. cw56710 Mar 6, 2016

"Dear Mr. Shaguar, We thank you for your request of November 20th, 2013 and are pleased to learn that you are the proud owner of an OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean watch, reference number 232.30.46.21.01.003. Further to your message, we understand that you have some questions on the material of the OMEGA logo and the indexes. Therefore we are pleased to give you the following information: PLANET OCEAN ref. no. 232.30.46.21.01.003: Index: rhodium-plated brass OMEGA logo: rhodium-plated brass Hour/minute/ second hands: rhodium-plated bronze Numbers 12, 6, 9 in orange: anodized aluminum We hope to have been of assistance to you and would like to thank you for your trust shown in our brand. Kind regards, Your OMEGA team."

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2016

Perhaps you should contact Omega and inform them that they're incorrect as they never used gold on any stainless or titanium pieces:

https://www.omegawatches.com/news/news-detail/1915/

From one of the press releases I have laying around:

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 3.28.07 AM.jpg

But that can't be right can it, because:

They'll be keen to hear this and correct their materials. In any case the watch was supplied with 18K white gold indices and hands specified when we received the review sample, this wasn't a watch any of us owned and went back afterwards.

15. cw56710 Mar 7, 2016

I hope you know that I think highly of your expertise, this was just a constructive and fun argument on what we feel Omega uses in their material creations. I'm sure we are both right to an extent and maybe on different pieces they use different materials especially on the dial. I think it depends watch to watch which would make sense seeing that they are very creative and more so unpredictable and revolutionary as a company vs a company like rolex or JLC which would be considered more evolutionary and sticking to tried and true methods for many many years. I am so happy with my 212.30.41.20.01.003 because it was done perfect and keeps +.3 seconds a day in all positions. I also wanted to let everyone know, and you as well if it interests you, I went to my local Omega AD and ordered the Omega SM300 Master Co-Axial adjustable diving clasp for my Black Bond 212.30.41.20.01.003 in 20mm clasp width and Omega and my AD approves that it will fit perfect and it only costs $125 for the clasp and $15 on in store shipping. I am so excited as it will now make a great watch the perfect watch that I could never get rid of as it will have everything that any watch guy who is into the new technical innovations and newly designed bracelets from Rolex (glidelock- fantastic) and Omega (push clasp- even better as it takes less effort to adjust the bracelet, just a simple light push to extend). Also on WUS forums another member has already fitted his blue Bond Diver 300M ceramic like yours with the new clasp. So COOL! GO Omega Owners. #beblessed

16. cw56710 Mar 7, 2016

I stand corrected that they never used any white gold on stainless or titanium seamasters but it still seems the argument whether or not they used it on the Bond Diver 300Mc seems that they dont as on the planet ocean and Diver 300m its rhodium plated brass. Although whether or not its made of either it is still astoundingly gorgeous, I dont like to compare them but it carries a similar appearance and affect that the SUBc carries when looked at together. Most even suggest that the Omega Ceramic is better seeing that they dont engrave it alleviating weak spots and thinner areas in the ceramic that could crack easier (a lot less Omega owners have cracked ceramic bezels than that of rolex ceramchrom beeing reported as decimated or cracked, shattered) d. Plus no dust can collect and I like the fact that the bezel isn't painted and has chromium nitrate diving scale which is (on the MOH scale) to be harder than ceramic itself as well as sapphire.

17. Fernando Mar 10, 2016

I want one

Artoist likes this.
  18. Omega4life Mar 24, 2016

I have seamaster pro diver 212.30.41.20.01.003, does it have the 2500D?

spacewalker likes this.
  19. vadimo Mar 25, 2016

dont be silly, how would anyone know your watch, you can ask Omega or watch's movement needs checking to identify, generally all latest batches have D.

20. Micmicmotorbike May 15, 2016

That video was excellent!! Great job guys, with the review as well. I recently sold my electric blue waves SMP and purchased a Railmaster w my funds. I do love the Railmaster, but now I miss having an Omega diver.... Always thought I would eventually get a PO but finding a 2500D version in black/black seems to be harder than I thought - 8500s are just too thick for my taste. But..... I saw this ceramic blue SMP in person, and I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Add to it that they all come w the D version movts?!?! I think this maybe my next omega. Oh and eventually a moon watch. Not sure which one first, but both eventually.
    Thanks for helping me out on my decision Omega forums and reviewers!

vadimo likes this.