Forums Latest Members

Video: Omega Seamaster Pro 300M Ceramic Review

1. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 2, 2015

I go the black one and love it. I do wonder though as I also have the LM PO whether I should have the SMP in blue. At the time I just didn't like blue subs. I compensated by getting the AT master C in blue which is one of my favorite watches of all time.

Great video and review.

2. JG808 Feb 18, 2015

Great review and stunning photos! WOW

3. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Feb 18, 2015

This really is gorgeous looking. I am trying to decide between this and the Speedy moonphase 3576.50 as my first new, modern watch. I know they are a bit chalk and cheese so I think the only way is to go to an AD and try them both on at the same time to see which really calls out to me the most.

4. PatrickJ Apr 25, 2015

Great piece.

I have two reservations. First, are they selling enough of these or could we see a return to the wave dial? Second, is it not inevitable the 8500 will go in this model. The co axial is designed around the 8500, the 2500 is an ETA with a co axle xal.

5. flw history nerd Apr 25, 2015

Terrific review - the video and photos are great and definitely do justice to this watch. It is my only Omega (so far), but I am fast becoming an addict ... Even alongside my new Submariner I find myself reaching for this watch at least two-thirds of the time.

dsio likes this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 25, 2015

I think for the time being its going to be 2500, its a much thinner watch than the SM300 and PO which differentiates it and makes it appeal to a different market segment.

PatrickJ likes this.
  7. Temiyasen Apr 25, 2015

Really agree on this and also for sure I cannot resist for a sword hands SM300.
    ...love those hands ::love:: on blue bezel and dial.

8. davidswiss Apr 28, 2015

Have to agree with the others it's a good review and this is one modern watch that does tempt me.
    Is there a comparison review with the Rolex submariner somewhere ?

flw likes this.
  9. flw history nerd Jun 2, 2015

Good point ... That would be a most helpful comparative review. I really see the SMP 300m as Omega's equivalent to the Submariner. They have remarkably similar features and functions, and I think that the frequent comparison of the Speedy Moonwatch with the Sub is unintentionally misleading. While they are both considered 'the' iconic watch for their respective brands, they are apples and oranges in terms of design and function. An in-depth comparative review with video (on a neutral site) would be incredibly helpful. I own both myself, and I would do it, but I'm not technically proficient ...

10. RobPaterson99 Jun 23, 2015

Beautiful video!

11. shutterlife Jul 6, 2015

Love this video, very clear details. Makes the watch seem magical.

chronostart and dsio like this.
  12. vadimo Jul 12, 2015

great review, love the video, puts official omega videos to shame.

I purchased the blue face version and love it every day, i really like the feel of steel and its weight on my wrist.

I seen recently in Tag Heuer store aquaracer as per link below and i was shocked how its trying to be the seamaster, its almost identical, anyone else agrees? To be honestly if i was short in money i would of probably considered this as option #1.

Dont crack under the budget!!

http://www.tagheuer.co.uk/int-en/lu...bre-5automatic-watch41-mm-blue-steel-bracelet

PatrickJ likes this.
  13. speedO Jul 31, 2015

I've tried it last week in an omega boutique and was totally hooked. I've never liked the older versions when I saw them in photo, but it really needs to be tried on a wrist. The case is of a perfect size : not too wide and not too thick, the glossy color is a least as good as seen on this video. Excellent work by the way!

Probably my next everyday / week-end/ tool watch.

14. Builder Aug 26, 2015

Great review, no doubt about it, congratulations!!!..
    I bought my SMP300 in last June, black version, and it's going fine with an average of 1.5sec/day, it's remarkable because my older 2250 only got that average after almost six or seven months of use.

PatrickJ likes this.
  15. PatrickJ Nov 16, 2015

Love the dial details. Don't like the removal of professional on clasp as it is still on the dial. They need to get their finger out and update this watch with the 8500, even if it means a £500 to £750 price rise and slightly bigger case like in the 42mm PO. It is ridiculous the seamaster diver 300 pro, deville and some constellations have not been upgraded from the 2500, come on Omega stop dragging your heels in waiting till 2017 for all watches to have in house design movement exception speedy pro. However, do not change the bezel, dial or braclet just make the case a fraction bigger to shoehorn the 8500 in and keep the beautiful steel seahorse back.

This watch is my second choice after the speedy pro. The speedy's pro is like your wife (if she is a good one) great unique looks, great history, reliable, iconic etc. The seamaster has daziling looks and is a bit more fun, bit like a hot girlfriend b4 meeting your wife.

Cant watch the video again, will end up buying the watch!

Edited Nov 28, 2015
    blubarb likes this.
  16. Crossfire Nov 28, 2015

Video is superb. It is not my favorite professional but on this video and pics it looks great.

PatrickJ likes this.
  17. PatrickJ Nov 28, 2015

This video is way better than Omega video.

vadimo likes this.
  18. SnowDog Dec 5, 2015

Smashing video although the storyline's a bit predictable with average acting.

I've been looking at this watch, reading reviews about it, trying one on then pondering about which one to get (blue or black dial) for the past couple of months.
    So, on a day off work, I took my wife shopping and somehow accidently stumbled into Goldsmiths (Meadowhall, UK) and casually marched straight over to the OMEGA area where I was shown both the blue and black versions.

After a cup of coffee (me) and glass of Prosecco (wife), my wife stated she liked it in black and that she'd buy it for me for Christmas - what else could I do apart from accepting?

Goldsmiths had 3 in stock, so I've managed to get a 'factory' packaged / sealed one complete with the standard polished wooden box instead of the smaller red one!

Motto: Give your wife a bottle of Prosecco then take her shopping!

Edited Dec 13, 2015
    Tony, Fatsam, Kraut783 and 3 others like this.
  19. Hey_Joe Dec 12, 2015

Wow, what a superb video. The video is so good that just a few short days ago it convinced me to buy the blue dial version sight un seen. The watch along with the fancy-dancy new box are in the mail as we speak! I thought to myself, what's not to like? Owning the big Ti Planet Ocean I already know how nice the bezel and dial are going to be. That being said I have always found the PO with the 8500 just a hair too bulky (thick) for my liking, especially after wearing a Speedy for a few days. For myself, this Seamaster Pro might just be the best of both worlds. The bezel and dial that pop like the Ti PO but with an overall thinner profile.

Thanks for the video and review. A job well done!

Chris.

20. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 12, 2015

Great to hear you enjoyed it, and hope you love the watch when it gets there!