Torn... cant decide

Posts
600
Likes
1,539
Those are very different watches (both very nice ones) but meant for different settings. My first thought would be to get the one you will get the most use out of given the dress vs. tool watch difference.
 
Posts
135
Likes
143
I went with the Constellation first. It’s not the same as yours, but in the ballpark.
Image.jpg

Ultimately, I couldn’t let go of the need to own a Speedy, though.
48477571-028-F-42-F9-B08-A-E9-CA080-A8-BE8.jpg

They were acquired three years apart. I suspect if you really want both, eventually the question boils down to: which one do I get first? I would go with the best deal if you like them equally.
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
IMHO, this forum is biased towards Speedy.
If you wear a suit more often than a t-shirt - Constellation.

It would be a fairer and different pick if it was the Globemaster and not constellation



Most here would go the Constellation Globemaster over the Constellation pictured by the OP in the first post. And maybe even over the Speedmaster.
 
Posts
328
Likes
244
Both watches are very nice. But if were getting a Constellation I would choose something in sedna gold on the strap. So between these two I'll take the Speedmaster, then I would be back after I saved the money for my gold Constellation.
 
Posts
6,832
Likes
13,799
I like constellation watches...I don't like this particular constellation though. So, on this two examples, speedy for me....with a different connie....maybe Constellation.

I have had several Speed-masters and always ended up flipping them. Only Omega that has stayed with me for years is the blue AT.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
All but one of the Omegas in my current collection are at least 25 years old and most are closer to 50+. The lone exception is my 2017 SMPc (black glossy dial version) which I bought new and really do like. I own two vintage Speedmasters, but if I had to choose another modern Omega, there’s no doubt in my mind that it would be the Constellation Globemaster.
 
Posts
6,832
Likes
13,799
It would be a fairer and different pick if it was the Globemaster and not constellation



Most here would go the Constellation Globemaster over the Constellation pictured by the OP in the first post. And maybe even over the Speedmaster.
yes...Hell I probably would exchange my AT for it since I have a couple of other watches that are more in line with the AT but none that are quite like the Globemaster
 
Posts
50
Likes
270
Thank you all for the responses! It will be a second watch and not my primary. Just wanted something “slightly” dressier than my Planet Ocean. Just a little variety maybe. I do like the speedy for sure... maybe the constellation as a third watch? Who knows. Part of the fun.
 
Posts
1,739
Likes
5,671
That particular Constellation is one of the first modern (1982 or later) models I really like. The granite finish dial is exceptional imo. That's what I'd go for (but partly because I already have a Speedmaster).
 
Posts
241
Likes
278
I’d go with the new speedy. But both are great and you can’t really go wrong.