Torn... cant decide

Posts
403
Likes
357
Yes, both are cool. If you like them both equally, maybe consider what suits your profession/lifestyle best - sporty or dressy?

I am a speedy fan but I have to say that constellation is very cool in person.
 
Posts
408
Likes
355
Around here almost everyone will choose the Speedmaster. Buy the one you like more. If unsure, get the Speedmaster I guess if manual winding doesn't bother you.
 
Posts
2,012
Likes
3,408
Tool or dress? When will it be worn?

As I have a Speedy I’d love to add a Constellation (unless I looked again at the Seamaster AT 😵‍💫)
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
I like the new version of the Speedmaster, but prefer the vintage models with tritium dials. The new version of the Constellation does nothing for me, with the exception of the Globemaster, which I like. Vintage Constellations on the other hand, now that’s something else. If money were no object ...
Edited:
 
Posts
2,801
Likes
3,727
Since you appear to prefer straps (as both watches you are considering are the strap versions), then I’d pick the Speedmaster over the Constellation every time. The Speedmaster will look awesome on just about any strap you put it on, the Constellation not so much. You will also be limited to Omega straps for the Constellation because of the rather unique lugs, while the Speedmaster can use any 20mm strap.
 
Posts
783
Likes
1,350
Both are very nice watches, but I agree...the Speedy wins this contest. It is a more versatile watch that can be dressed both up and down! In the end...your call...! Let us know!
 
Posts
1,534
Likes
3,247
Buy the one you like if you plan to keep for the long haul. If you see yourself selling on down the road, the speedy will be easier to move.
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
That step in the speedy dial is just a bit much for my liking. I like the older dial

A 1861 picture for comparison
 
Posts
152
Likes
411
Since you’re just looking for opinions, take this for what it’s worth... .

I view the face on that Constellation like I view a granite countertop. It looks trendy now, but will it still be stylish in 5 or 10 years or will I wish I had gotten something a little more classically-styled?

I feel like that Connie face might not stand the test of time. I’d go with the Speedie.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
That step in the speedy dial is just a bit much for my liking. I like the older dial

A 1861 picture for comparison
The step dial IS the older dial, at least prior to 1974. Here’s my 1971 Speedy. Step dial.
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
The step dial IS the older dial, at least prior to 1974. Here’s my 1971 Speedy. Step dial.

Know the step was on early speedmasters.
They don’t seem as pronounced as the new dial pictured above, maybe just the lighting in the above picture but it is rather pronounced.
 
Posts
699
Likes
701
both are awesome choices...you can't go wrong!

But it's the Speedy for me. 😀
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
Know the step was on early speedmasters.
They don’t seem as pronounced as the new dial pictured above, maybe just the lighting in the above picture but it is rather pronounced.
If only we could get Omega to bring back tritium, but I guess that would eliminate some of the joy in hunting for vintage Speedies. 😀
 
Posts
167
Likes
409
IMHO, this forum is biased towards Speedy.
If you wear a suit more often than a t-shirt - Constellation.
 
Posts
1,046
Likes
5,447
Since it’s a non-trivial amount of money, go with the one you know in your heart you love and will wear all the time.