Forums Latest Members
  1. Corsie Jan 23, 2023

Got another watch for you all, what do you think?

EE03B4FE-8BA0-4F23-B4BD-AC63189E3450.jpeg
  2. jaguar11 Jan 23, 2023

What are your thoughts?

3. gbesq Jan 23, 2023

Sir, as several members here have tried to gently tell you, we are not a vintage watch evaluation service. We expect you to do your homework and then come to OF and tell us what YOUR research has uncovered and what YOU think about the watch. At that point, we will try to help you, but you are never going to understand how to identify and purchase a good vintage watch if you don't put in the time and effort to learn.

Start with this: Learn How To Fish | Omega Forums

myatt, macrodust, Mark020 and 8 others like this.
  4. redpcar Jan 23, 2023

Maybe it has a 30T2 inside. Otherwise :eek:

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 23, 2023

Piece of shit. There I said it.

Mark020, Seaborg, Bikerider and 6 others like this.
  6. redpcar Jan 23, 2023

.........but what if it has a nice 30T2 inside. Perfect donor.

7. Corsie Jan 23, 2023

Hello sir, this is actually my watch and I have done research but to no prevail. I’m not wanting to hassle people into telling me what this watch is because that’s their precious time into helping me. I’m just trying to gain knowledge from others, that’s all.
    Thank you.

8. gbesq Jan 23, 2023

Ok, so it’s your watch. That means that you should be able to answer some basic questions. Where did you get it? When did you get it? From whom did you get it? If you didn’t inherit it, how much did you pay for it? Did any paperwork come with it? Have you done a reverse image search on Google to try to identify it? Have you opened the case back or had a watchmaker open the case back to try to see if there is any identifying information on the inside of the case back? Have you examined the writing on the movement? Which caliber is it? What is the serial number?

Bruce235, myatt, macrodust and 5 others like this.
  9. janice&fred Jan 23, 2023

Jeez tough crowd today.

Corsie and chrisb732 like this.
  10. gbesq Jan 23, 2023

Call it horological tough love. You know, it's that give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish thing. :)

Mark020 and YY77 like this.
  11. TimeODanaos Jan 23, 2023

Dear OP, this itself should tell you something. Even if you have looked for information in the way that some members here have kindly and politely suggested to you, there is still a significant reason you have failed in your quest. You have been unable to see more examples, not because the watch is rare and special, but because it is unfortunately the opposite of that. I do understand that not everyone will have many opportunities to study the real thing, to appreciate their quality. But the pictures and some of the commentary on OF can help you a great deal in that regard, and to avoid posting pieces that are just not even in a reviewable state. Do as @gbesq has suggested, and you will soon see the wisdom - good luck with your hunting!

NT931 likes this.
  12. sathomasga Jan 23, 2023

I'm sorry, but I am confused. If this is your watch, what do you want from forum members? Just asking for "thoughts" is awfully vague.

Do you want to know if other members like the watch? I don't, but why do you care whether or not I like it? If you like it, that's what really matters.

Do you want to know if it is authentic? It is clearly not.

Do want to know its value? The forum doesn't generally provide valuations, but given the previous paragraph, objectively not much. It may have sentimental value to you depending on how you acquired it, but that's not something other members can estimate.

There is plenty of information available here and elsewhere on the internet that you can read or watch for free. Availing yourself of those resources would likely be a much more effective use of your time. But I will suggest a bit of common sense: although Omega is not a member of the holy trinity of swiss watchmakers, they have always made very fine watches. The watch pictured in this thread is clearly not a very fine watch. If that isn't obvious to you, then you might be spending too much time looking at junk. Instead, spend your time looking at authentic Omega (or Rolex, or JLC, or Longines, or Tudor, ...) so that you become minimally familiar with fine watches.

13. sheepdoll Jan 23, 2023

Oh?
    I think Omega is the very definition of Swiss watchmaking. Yes there are other brands that tend to fetch more in value. Some even have a couple hundred years of history (Like Breguet.) Others have good marketing. Perhaps they are not high end watches. They do remain practical and affordable.

Of course the OP's watch is as fake as they come. So the OP could have taken time to look for other examples. Once one sees the good examples. The bad ones start to become clear.

14. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 24, 2023

I think it's a particularly unattractive watch from an Omega Collector perspective.

While Omega has in the past, used "Non Magnetic" on their dials, I have never seen
    Ω
    Omega
    Non Magnetic
    Pheon

To add any further "Omega authenticity" to your watch, I'd like to see a photo of the inside of the caseback and a photo of the movement.

15. sathomasga Jan 24, 2023

SC1 likes this.
  16. Shabbaz Jan 24, 2023

Well, it was monday. I hate monday.

SC1, DaveK, janice&fred and 1 other person like this.
  17. janice&fred Jan 24, 2023

Is that so? There are plenty of discussions and advice on valuations on this forum. The OP is a beginner. Ok so he asks a lot of questions on various watches. Maybe try answering those questions rather than interrogating and scolding the guy over what you feel is proper forum etiquette. Perhaps he enjoys real-time conversation rather than researching. If everyone stuck to researching there wouldn't be much to talk about and not many new members sticking around.

Julien_db, macrodust, Aroxx and 3 others like this.
  18. sheepdoll Jan 24, 2023

High end watches perhaps. That no one out side of the watch world has ever heard of. As in 'if you have to ask...'

But not practical watches. Granted PP has been around the block. The others are just bling. I also do not trust anything that has Rolex in the title of the link. It is all marketing fluff. Any Swiss maker before 1870 or so was making London 'fakes' anyway or selling watches through London (Or Coventry) anyway. History gets re-written a lot.

Just my personal opinion based on 30 years of experience. ;)

19. gbesq Jan 24, 2023

Fred, your point is fair and well taken. That being said, neither I nor any of the other members who have scolded the OP are trying to banish him from the forum. What we are trying to do is to urge him to do at least some level of cursory work so that he learns from the process and, of equal importance, so that we can better assist him once he provides us wiith something beyond "What do you guys think of this watch?" It's not too much to ask him to open the case back or have a watchmaker do it, is it?

jaguar11, Archer, TimeODanaos and 4 others like this.
  20. YY77 Jan 24, 2023

+1, on a personal note, an OP like this makes me want to respond even more with a TL:DR than an actual TL:DR post.