Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on this Polerouter Sub...too polished?

1. asrnj77 May 29, 2019

Hi guys, I really like the various versions of the Polerouter subs and was thinking of getting one. I don't mind the nicks and bumps on a 50+ year old watch but I can't deal with an over polished piece. I can't tell from these pics if the one side (lower left in the pic with the arrow) has been polished or just worn down over time through normal contact. It looks like it could use a new crystal but appears to be in good shape otherwise. Anything I'm missing?

polerouter-1.jpg polerouter-2.jpg polerouter3.jpg polerouter4.jpg
  2. Vitezi May 29, 2019

3. asrnj77 May 29, 2019

Yes. Thanks. I did read those but none of them were regarding the watch that I am considering buying in the pics I posted. I am familiar with the Polerouter Subs in general buy would welcome opinions as to whether the one in pictures is worthy of my money or is considered a “pass” by the group and if so, why?

4. sdre May 29, 2019

Well, for starters how much is he asking for?

5. Diabolik May 29, 2019

It is a later sub (late 60s).

It does not look polished (edges are sharp). From what I can see, dial and bezel are a little weathered and there are many dings and crystal is not original and is damaged at 4,5 and 6. Case back has undergone the kojack process (turned). However, that configuration is not common so in my eyes, it is a worthy and quite rare example if correctly priced. The bonus is the GF band which itself is worth a small fortune.

I presume it is this one on chrono24 ...

upload_2019-5-29_13-32-52.png

I dont see a reference and serial number and at UKP 5.400, it is on the upper range of what I would be expecting to pay.

Edited May 29, 2019
    asrnj77, jumpingsecond and sdre like this.
  6. asrnj77 May 29, 2019

Yeah, that’s it and thanks for the feedback. That’s what I was looking for. I agree that the price is on the upper end but it seems they’re all going for more money than years past (or even months past). I am particularly drawn to ones that still have the bracket because as you mentioned they’re quite difficult to find.

7. CafeRacer May 30, 2019

Its a shame about that caseback - visible reference and serial numbers are starting to mean more and more to the value/collectability of UGs...
    Plexis, hands, etc can be replaced with NOS parts that appear from time to time, but the caseback will be unique to that watch.

Mazoue likes this.