Forums Latest Members
  1. Diabolik Jan 16, 2014

folks, experts, gurus and apassionados,

I know the bezel is a little rough and the lume seem to be different on hands but the rest seems ok to me. Opinions and views are gratefully welcome ...

dial-hands.JPG

ganottero likes this.
  2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 16, 2014

It's fine, with relumed hands as you mention. What makes you have reservations?

3. Diabolik Jan 16, 2014

the second hand ... I have not seen that style before. What about the tri-compax? Are hands OK or is it a case of replaced hands ... Dial and Hands.JPG

4. Noodia Jan 16, 2014

The second hand seen on the Polerouter is a correct UG part mostly seen on the symmetrical case execution

[​IMG]

I never managed to understand if mine was correct but enjoyed that one very much

[​IMG]

my concerns would be the case that lost some material... the bracelet is a strong plus

Hands on the Compax are correct to me

[​IMG]

Gavin likes this.
  5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 16, 2014

Agree with Laurent - the Polerouter Sub hands are an original variant. As for the compax (not a Tri-Compax::rant:) , I don't know, but the catalog pics are compelling.

6. papaebetu Jan 17, 2014

22703/1

GIGI

IMG_0161.JPG
  7. woodwkr2 Jan 22, 2014

All hands appear correct. The original poster's hands appear to have been painted black; typically the subdials are a blued steel (that almost appears black depending on the angle). The sweep second should match the hour and minute.

8. woodwkr2 Jan 22, 2014

I should amend my previous comment for precision: The sweep second hand generally matches the hour and minute hands. In reviewing some of my UG photos, it seems that some variants of the later era UG models with white/silver colored dials are fitted with a black or blued steel sweep seconds hand (presumably for contrast against the light dial).