Forums Latest Members
  1. Engee Jul 3, 2020

Currently on eBay. Inherited from Dad but broken and not really a watch kinda guy so wants it to go to someone who will fix and cherish it, blah, blah, blah.

I'm not into Speedys so this could be perfectly legit but when I look at any Omega I don't expect to find myself wondering what's wrong with it. The wonderful thing about Omegas, nearly every one of them, is that they look right.

So, brass / steel mix? or is that gold, and if so, why doesn't the bezel, buttons and crown match the subs?

White main hands and black sub hands?

Grooves in the minute and hour hands, but no lume?

It just looks ugly and wrong to me, and that's not what I would expect. Am I being unduly suspicious?

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 17.11.01.png
  2. sonicosa Jul 3, 2020

I like the bezel alignment. Whoever worked on it last clearly knew what they were doing.

Motik, Scarecrow Boat and Engee like this.
  3. Donn Chambers Jul 3, 2020

Looks like an authentic gold and steel Speedmaster Reduced to me, just a horrible picture. Hands look correct (and there is lume in them). But considering the fact it isn’t working, it’s missing a pusher, and the bezel is misaligned — the cost of fixing it up would be too much unless it came really cheap (and you want a Reduced).

Engee, connieseamaster and Dan S like this.
  4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 3, 2020

Condition issues aside, looks like a correct ref 175.00.33.

McKinley, Engee and Foo2rama like this.
  5. Engee Jul 3, 2020

Edited Jul 3, 2020