Forums Latest Members
  1. rspace Nov 28, 2022

Completely personal choice but i had mine restored. IMHO partial work don't go well with these watches. So either go in for a complete restoration or leave it untouched. If your dial has aged, polishing the case can give it an odd look.

Fish70 likes this.
  2. vienna Nov 29, 2022

Hi,

as far as I know you are looking for a 1159/155 or a Omega Holzer Jubilee with unmarked 22 mm straight end links or a 1162/172.

Kind regards

Max

Tmexx and CJpickup57 like this.
  3. Tmexx Nov 29, 2022

Thanks Max!

4. Tmexx Nov 30, 2022

Thanks for your help all. I ended up purchasing a 1162/172 and we'll see how it turns out.

Unfortunately my searching for a strap led me to buying a 2007 Planet Ocean.
    Must... Stop... Now...

Happy Holidays!
    Steve

paddymoran likes this.
  5. Pastorbottle Dec 27, 2022

G'day from Melbourne Australia,
    I purchased my Flightmaster new in 1977 at the age of 16, already had a 69 Speedmaster Moonwatch passed down to me by my Dad a year or so before to replace a buggered Tudor I had since I was 7.
    I wore both Omegas on an every day basis for many years and both got beat up pretty good the Flighty got worn so much the engraved pic of a jet plane on the back wore away to nothing! (it was pretty faint to begin with.
    I don't have the Speedy anymore, Dad decided to clout on it back, he sold it to put a bet on a horse which of course lost!
    Dad spent a lot of money on fast cars and slow horses!
    Still got the Flighty though, it now lives a more leisurely life as it shares wrist time with @ 60 odd other watches, it no longer has to have the daylights shook outta it by me wielding anglegrinders and big hammers etc. I have a long suffering battered Invicta for that...poor thing is covered in dents, abrasions and welding spatter, and it won't bother me too much to hurl it in the bin when it finally falls to bits.

The original bracelet of the Fighty is long gone as is the crystal, both of which fell to bits many moons ago. I could never get he original bracelet to fit me properly any way.
    I have big hands on the end of relatively slender wrists, if i could get my hand in it, it was too loose on my wrist. BTW my mates call me Bits 'n Pieces because they reckon I look like I was put together from the left over pieces of different blokes!

It's currently sporting a grey leather band, having tried black, brown, tan, green and blue leather bands and none ever looked quite right for it, only fitted the grey the other day...not sure it's right for it, no matter I have had a bracelet from a 007 Seamaster land in my lap and with some fettling it could be made to fit the Flighty. Though I like the grey more than the others, it brings out the grey face of the watch.
    The design of the 007 bracelet clasp will allow a nice snug fit whilst letting me get my great paw in through it, and will make it look close to the original style.

The Flighty now lives in a family of other Omegas... a DeVille, a Speedmaster, a Constellation and a pair of my Dad's old stop watches.

The reduced Speedy is a recent acquisition, it's sporting the Green leather band, as although it came with the original bracelet and spare links, the previous owner must've had a seriously skinny wrist.
    I need to get some new pins and tubes to get the band to fit.
    Though I quite like it with the green band, so I'm in no hurry.

The DeVille was a Gift from Lesley, and I love how the bracelet picks up the light and sets of the silver face. Quite elegant.

As is the Connie, another recent acquisition, it needs pulling apart and a bloody good clean to get it at it's best.

The large stop watch is from around '69 - '70 if my memory serves me correct and needs a little work,
    the smaller would be from @ '65 to '66 at a guess and works well.

Yeah I know the lighting of the pic is a bit crap, but you should get the idea.

Omegas.jpg

Edited Jan 17, 2023
    bardamu, blubarb, paddymoran and 7 others like this.
  6. LeCorb Jan 17, 2023

First Flightmaster post this year ;) I hope you all had a great lift-off in 2023

[​IMG]

gefmey, Fish70, blubarb and 13 others like this.
  7. Pastorbottle Jan 17, 2023

That’s a lot of flightie goodness right there!

LeCorb and Mad Dog like this.
  8. Marte Jan 17, 2023

Here is my 911 flightmaster 33m serial number. I bought it in 2002, I sold my Seamaster Pro to pay for it. I wore it all the time until around 12 years ago. IIRC the GMT crown broke off so I took it to Omega for a complete overhaul. I am sure most reading this will know but they classify this in their top price bracket so some US$1200 later, and almost a year later it came back.

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

It's a special watch for me, sadly a bit of a safe queen since the overhaul as it is essentially new. Do I regret the overhaul? yes and no. No because it needed parts from Omega, and yes mainly from the point of not really wanting to wear it and ding it. Yes yes I know dings are part of the deal, but seeing it so pristine I would be very annoyed if I did something.

lindo, Fish70, tritto and 8 others like this.
  9. tikkathree Jan 18, 2023

Oh well played sir! Is this purely obsessive desire to corner the market - mwa-ha-ha - or is there a finely tuned plan at work?
    1. Which is your favourite and why?
    2. Which is your least favourite and why?
    3. Which do you enjoy wearing the most?

LeCorb likes this.
  10. LeCorb Jan 18, 2023

Thank you for your kind words, sir. But how dare you to discovered my plan to build a monopoly of Flightmasters and to rule the world! ;)
    But to answer your questions
    1. My favorite is the NoDot@12 (first row left) because it's from the first batches of series production and still has the red single dot pushers
    2. Honestly there is no least favorite. Ever Flightmaster is a gem in my opinion.
    3. I enjoy wearing every single one, but the 145.026 Transition (second row right) has an impressive appearance due to the dark sub dials and the thicker bezel ring

tikkathree and MTROIS like this.
  11. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Jan 18, 2023

20BD5ED3-CF82-425F-9B0F-31AC47F5C257.jpeg BAD46DC7-600B-4C21-9D1A-5712686229DD.jpeg 4937DB74-508E-4752-853F-80A680399DF0.jpeg D893A32D-B31E-4C92-BF5D-8862A4B2604B.jpeg
    I wear mine almost every day. So new crowns and pushers all around. Rest of the watch appears original.

Edited Jan 18, 2023
    Fish70, Seaborg, YYTIN and 7 others like this.
  12. Seiha Jan 18, 2023

Hi Flighmaster thread!

Here's my Flighmaster ref. 145.036 that I recently bought at auction (first auction purchase I ever made!), serial number 399xx, so approximately from 1975!
    20230116_113541.jpg

It came on a no.12 bracelet, no other reference that I have some trouble with (if you want the full story it is available here.)

For now it is on a leather strap, visible here on my tiny wrist:
    [​IMG]

I may be looking into changing the crystal that's definitely seen better days, ideally without having to do a full service just yet haha, if you have any more information you an give me based on my pictures I'm all ears!
    The dial seems to be original with tritium so I understand that's a plus, the hands still have pretty decent lum so I'm betting that these have been replaced during service at some point.

TrboDieselPwrd, Fish70 and Seaborg like this.
  13. Pastorbottle Jan 18, 2023

Both times I replaced the crystal in mine they were in much worse condition than that, they were so badly chipped they had great chunks missing outta them.
    So based on my experience your crystal is mint!

14. Seiha Jan 18, 2023

Haha I can imagine but here's a pic from the original auction listing where I think the damage is more apparent
    4_1.jpeg

Could certainly be worse but the dial seems to be so clean that it is a shame being hidden through a well-worn crystal IMO.

Fish70 and Seaborg like this.
  15. Pastorbottle Jan 18, 2023

Nah it’s still mint

16. Knudsen1971 Jan 25, 2023

Mine very early (first batch) 1969 single color pushers, no dot dial.
    IMG_1426(1).JPEG IMG_1428(1).JPEG

MTROIS, Duracuir1, Fish70 and 6 others like this.
  17. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jan 26, 2023

Working on an AsCan article and interestingly enough, some got an Omega Flightmaster chronograph watch...
    Pitty I didn't cover the story in time for the 2018 Watchprint hardcover " Flightmaster Only "
    ::book::
    Flightmaster_GRAM.jpg

bardamu, Duracuir1, blubarb and 2 others like this.
  18. incursore61 Feb 16, 2023

wonderful !!!

19. blubarb Feb 17, 2023

Here is my my little tryptic

20230213_204145.jpg

Fish70, MTROIS, Wangarai and 7 others like this.
  20. Tmexx Feb 20, 2023

So after trying several steel bracelets that just weren’t comfortable, I purchased a solid Omega deployment buckle and this from Genteel Handmade (https://www.genteel-handmade.com) and am super happy.

9514149D-2A50-4FA8-B2FC-297CCD092674.jpeg
    Fish70, MTROIS, Wangarai and 8 others like this.