Forums Latest Members
  1. wolfe44 Jun 30, 2020

Why two bracelets? Gorgeous watch. Looking for that same watch

Pgomeg likes this.
  2. tumbler Jul 6, 2020

Congrats. I like that they found a subtle way to make it a Bond watch... rather than beating you over the head with the fact that it's a bond watch.

3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 28, 2021

Going back to the roots... British author Ian Fleming (1908-1964) often described Commander James Bond's wrist watch as a Rolex without specifying the exact model and we all know, 1963 onwards Fleming wore a Rolex Explorer 1016
    But any idea what Ian Fleming was wearing in this mid-1950s photo ?
    Looks like a dress Omega or a Rolex 1008 Zephyr, but it ain't neither I suppose ?
    (Photo: Encyclopedia Britannica/Everett Collection/Alamy)
    ::confused2::
    Fleming_BW.jpg

4. PATRICK JP Mar 17, 2022

The markings have a meaning. If my memory serves me right it should be:

Navy issue
    Waterproof
    Screw down crown
    Personnel ID = 007
    Year of manufacture = here reference to first Bond movie released in 1962.

The broad arrow means it’s property of the Ministry of Defense.

I think these markings are cool and do not detract the watch in any way. Most people will have no idea of their meaning.

5. PATRICK JP Mar 17, 2022

What make you think that “people are FORCED to buy watches without seeing” ? Who forces them ? I don’t understand that… And the Rolex Daytona I personally never though anything about it really and now that you mention it I’d be curious to know about its history other than it was worn by some people like Steve McQueen or Paul Newman… The Submariner has a proper history with Comex and the development of commercial diving, saturation diving, experimental dives, etc…

6. PATRICK JP Mar 17, 2022

It is beautiful !

7. PATRICK JP Mar 17, 2022

8. PATRICK JP Mar 17, 2022

It is funny, I don’t look at it as a patina look but simply as a colours scheme. False patina always look false and tacky but this chocolate and caramel / toffee colours scheme looks rather nice and unique to me.

Duracuir1 likes this.
  9. PATRICK JP Mar 17, 2022

It seems that the UK Ministry of Defense had no objection to it so it’s perfectly legit and fine. There should be no reasons to be uptight. Just remember it is a modern fun watch meant to bring some smiles on faces of people wearing it… It is only Bond character fantasy, nothing really serious here.

10. PATRICK JP Mar 17, 2022

The initial entry of Omega into the Bond movies was not really a product placement, it was the costumes designer Lindy Hemming who said, “I was convinced that Commander Bond, a naval man, a diver and a discreet gentleman of the world would wear the Seamaster with the blue dial.” She said that because her father had friends who were ex-Navy and wore MoD issued Omega watches. Then the rest is history and I think it’s fun.

Now, the world is changing and most things are being commoditised including garnements, watches, cars, etc… worn and visible in movies. Even watches are being commoditised as some people are investing in watches which I find rather odd as it’s not my way with watches which I see as luxury or not, consumable items which may become collectible after a considerable amount of time has passed…

Why would it be bullshit ?!

aphexafx and Cos270 like this.
  11. gbesq Mar 17, 2022

Correct. The switch from Rolex to Omega in Goldeneye was not product placement, but the decision of the costume designer. There is certainly a product placement arrangement now, but that was not the case at the time that the change was made.

12. dstfno Mar 17, 2022

Although it's being told that the Seamaster Professional 300M was indeed the model that the designer wanted, it was Omega who wanted to be in the movie and reached out to the movie studio, limiting the choice to Omega timepieces. It was one of the first product placement campaigns in a movie as we know it today. With the product getting a prominent place in the movie, extra scenes being shot for marketing purposes,...

Mr Biver who was CEO at the time explained this in an interview once.

Edit - Apparently the interview is on Youtube

Edited Mar 17, 2022
    hen, SpeedyPhill and Duracuir1 like this.
  13. gbesq Mar 17, 2022

Well, whatever the genesis of the switch was, it certainly worked.

14. imranbecks Mar 18, 2022

The funny part is that in Goldeneye, he wore the quartz SMP. But the SMP they advertised in various commercials at the time was for the automatic model which wouldn't be worn until later on in Tomorrow Never Dies.

That SMP is still a timeless watch to this day and doesn't look out of place.

aphexafx likes this.
  15. Joeplanetocean Mar 18, 2022

With a no date it is already great.They did not include the wave dial which myself they can do without.A no date Planet Ocean in 40mm would be great like the first Planet Ocean.

16. Jayrock26v2 Mar 22, 2022

the Seamaster is great Its too bad about the bracelet though because it looks so good...

17. TheNew007 Mar 22, 2022

Having previously owned most bond watches by OMEGA, in my opinion the Spectre 300 is my favorite and the best bond watch. I’ve never owned the NTTD although I was offered a trade of a NTTD plus cash for my Spectre a while back, I tried the NTTD and just didn’t like it.. the Aluminum Bezel insert & no see through caseback is a downgrade from the Ceramic & see through caseback of the standard 8800 models.

9A917BD2-4CFC-4974-94F0-80A4192E0F90.jpeg
    Hijak likes this.
  18. mbpro Mar 23, 2022

This one is the ultimate Bond watch to me:

045B55D3-C229-4494-A443-08FC42391371.jpeg

19. mbpro Mar 23, 2022

20. Mspeedster Apr 15, 2022

Best Bond Watch Ever? With all due respect to Omega, it has to be the Rolex Submariner ref 6538. Without this iconic shot, there wouldn't even be such a thing as a "Bond" NATO strap.
    James-Bond-Rolex-Submariner-Ref-6538.jpg

Best Omega Bond watch? For me, it's the Spectre Seamaster 300. Still kick myself for not buying one new when I had the chance. I still want one, maybe someday... :whistling:
    4-Omega-Spectre.jpg

Best Bond watch that I own?
    I have only one; this old vintage piece from the 80s, the Heuer 1000 Night Diver. Worn by Timothy Dalton's Bond in the Living Daylights. Sorry it's not an Omega but I love it!
    20220408_105020.jpg

PATRICK JP, Opti, jaguar11 and 5 others like this.