The Aviators Thread

60 years ago... 27 September 1964
Boscombe Down, BAC TSR2 test pilots... interesting wrist watch !
FB_IMG_1727381681263.jpg

60 years ago... 27 September 1964
Boscombe Down, BAC TSR2 test pilots... interesting wrist watch !
FB_IMG_1727381681263.jpg
What I find more interesting is that one of them is having a ciggie. A big no no for pilots (especially of high performance aircraft) as it reduces the blood's oxygen carrying capacity.

Who remembers these Swedish aircraft...
SWEDEN-S29.jpg SWEDEN-Safari.jpg
I have never seen the jet, but I think its the one called "Tunnan" the barrel, but the propeller plane was still in use as a trainer when I was in the RNoAF. Its possible that it was the older "SAAB Safir" I saw both were in service in the mid 80`s

Canberra Bomber in RAAF Amberley base hanger 1955!
Canberra.jpg
Somewhere I used to have the original B&W photo which was actually RAAF Approved (or at least stamped RAAF etc).
It was of course a concoction done by the Phot guys at Amberley and the Canberra was actually on jacks for the photo.
Some very clever old time "photoshop" was then done.
Those guys would be amazed at AI now.

Somewhere I used to have the original B&W photo which was actually RAAF Approved (or at least stamped RAAF etc).
It was of course a concoction done by the Phot guys at Amberley and the Canberra was actually on jacks for the photo.
Some very clever old time "photoshop" was then done.
Those guys would be amazed at AI now.
So it wasn`t a low pass through the hangar, military pilots are a bit crazy but not that crazy 😀 Cool photo!

So it wasn`t a low pass through the hangar, military pilots are a bit crazy but not that crazy 😀 Cool photo!

I did have a few true "low pass" photos.
The best was one I took from the control tower (pallet on a power pylon + a VHF hand held) at Learmonth Air Weapons Range.
It was a Mirage coming toward us at VERY low altitude, the wing vortices were kicking up rocks the size of cricket balls and we were looking down into the cockpit as the knucklehead in the cockpit looked up at us and waved.
Unfortunately my ex has got most of my good photos, but that one is burnt in my mind.

Interesting: runway BER changes new official names - the power of earth rules.

The two runways at Berlin-Brandenburg Airport will be given new official names. The identifiers are based on the Earth's magnetic field between the North and South Poles. But the North Pole is sliding around.

According to BER Airport, the northern runway previously bore the runway designation 25R/07L - on Thursday it will now become the 24R/06L. The southern runway - previously 07R/25L - becomes 06R/24L.

https://www.rbb24.de/panorama/beitr...burg-flughafen-ber-verschiebung-gradzahl.html