The Aviators Thread

Air-show at a small air-field in Germany called Bottenhorn.
EXIF says: May 20.2004

https://www.lsgbottenhorn.de/

History: Delivered to Royal Canadian Air Force as 20286. - BOC: May 9, 1952. - SOC: January 22, 1968....... If the database is correct. Lovely looking plane / nice RAF scheme.

Like 2
The lady is in the kitchen :whistling: - behind the pilot to serve un café au lait to the "monsieur" or "maître"

(You can enlarge the link above)

edit: I checked the "row zero" on the picture: all men :)

IMG_8113.jpeg

IMG_8116.jpeg

Like 11
If the concorde cockpit is small, then imagine for example the one from the starfighter ;)

Hamilton Khaki Pilot commerical

And a behind the scenes from the pilot.

Like 6
Hamilton Khaki Pilot commerical

And a behind the scenes from the pilot.
Cool video. Fun flying, but I really love the old Toyota FJ!

We had the shop painted a while back, so time for some different artwork for the walls...

These are posters associated with an airshow that I used to work security for, from around 1983 to 1998. They hired an artist to make the posters, and they were printed by a local company. My wife's employer at the time used to get printing done by the same printing company that made these posters for the show, and the printing company used to have a signing event with the artist there for their customers, and we went a few times. Both these are signed by the artist...

Like 7
Wringing out the newest addition to the company fleet. Needed a new beater while my fancy ship is getting an engine overhaul 1000027819.jpg

Like 9
superb photo of a RAF navigator checking a sextant and wearing two wrist watches onboard a Short Sunderland flying boat.
These flying boats were both used in anti-submarine, to attack U-boats on the surface, and in SAR - Search And Rescue missions.
(Photo: IWM/RAF) #navigation #longitude
1942_Sunderland_sextant.jpg

Like 6
superb photo of a RAF navigator checking a sextant and wearing two wrist watches onboard a Short Sunderland flying boat.
These flying boats were both used in anti-submarine, to attack U-boats on the surface, and in SAR - Search And Rescue missions.
(Photo: IWM/RAF) #navigation #longitude
1942_Sunderland_sextant.jpg

Any of you fly boys know why he is wearing two watches? There seems to be one big and one small any idea what they are?

Like 1
Any of you fly boys know why he is wearing two watches? There seems to be one big and one small any idea what they are?
As he's holding a sextant I would guess is that one runs in sidereal time. That would cut out one stage of the calculations following taking a sun-sight.

Like 3