The Aviators Thread

Posts
7,058
Likes
13,022
Hoping, and promising myself, this year not to overeat during the end-of-year season
.
 
Posts
7,058
Likes
13,022
Oooops ... Pre-festive end-of-year season's meal tasting... yes I ate too much 馃榿
(Photo: Arm茅e de l'Air)
.
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,767
2007 and the Red Arrows doing what they do best at the Scottish Air Show 馃憤 ( many more images to follow 馃う )

 
Posts
3,446
Likes
35,197
I keep finding items that you may find interesting. Clipboard (is it a training aid?). See my watch to give you an idea of its size. Same phonetic alphabet that I have learned and used for 35 years. The back foamy part stinks and is going to be removed. Was this to prevent rattling? What about the straps? Where does this fasten to?
 
Posts
1,089
Likes
6,544
I keep finding items that you may find interesting. Clipboard (is it a training aid?). See my watch to give you an idea of its size. Same phonetic alphabet that I have learned and used for 35 years. The back foamy part stinks and is going to be removed. Was this to prevent rattling? What about the straps? Where does this fasten to?
My guess - I think maybe the straps hold the clipboard to the pilot鈥檚 thigh (?).
 
Posts
1,823
Likes
3,552
I keep finding items that you may find interesting. Clipboard (is it a training aid?). See my watch to give you an idea of its size. Same phonetic alphabet that I have learned and used for 35 years. The back foamy part stinks and is going to be removed. Was this to prevent rattling? What about the straps? Where does this fasten to?
It's a thigh clipboard. Must have been a sweaty pilot who last used it 馃榿
The printing on it has a lot of useful information for easy reference in case one forgot. I must admit, back in the day I always had trouble remembering light signals. They were only ever used in emergencies where radio comms was lost.
 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
Vietnam-era F-4 fighter pilot Bob Pardo passed away earlier this month at age 89. He was the (eventual) recipient of the Silver Star for bravery, after improvising a maneuver now known as the "Pardo Push" to keep a squadron mate's aircraft from crashing in enemy territory.

 
Posts
7,058
Likes
13,022
40 years ago " Army Light Aviation " military pilot course book. Note the text in the box ... a loss of time & money !
(Photo: MoonwatchUniverse)
.
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,767
From my meagre collection and apologies if I have already posted