Teutonic's can be sexy too

Posts
517
Likes
825
Arrived back from its STS service yesterday and is looking awesome(to my eyes at least). They managed to source me a new outer bezel which I was more than happy to add onto the cost. Sadly they couldn't source and inner bezel but never mind.



They did an incredible job on the refinish, absolutely perfect as usual from them.

Pricey, but worth it IMO.
Well done.

Curious: the numeral on the bezel of these is nearly always faded. Can they be ?"re-inked"?
 
Posts
1,723
Likes
5,347
Well done.

Curious: the numeral on the bezel of these is nearly always faded. Can they be ?"re-inked"?
Thanks,

Well, I did attempt numerous options, none of which worked. Enamel paint, a special wax which is for that job etc. each time with thorough cleaning with isopropyl prior to make sure completely grease free.

The engraving is so fine I think together with wear, you'd have very little chance of bringing them back with good effect.

I think I did improve my old one in the end, but this is obviously much better and I'm really happy with it.