Speedmaster winding issue

So I bought my Speedmaster almost 18 months ago, and I've been winding it every day since then. However, lately I've been hearing this weird kind of scraping sound as it gets close to the end of its wind. The watch still runs normally otherwise.

Is this normal, or should I get it checked out?

You don't know what you're talking about.
In what way do they not know what they're talking about?

Because if the mainspring was broken the watch wouldn't still be running normally. I doubt that there is anything wrong with the OP's watch, much less a catastrophic failure like a broken mainspring.

A broken mainspring doesn't wind at all. He is advising about something he clearly doesn't know nor understand.

If a mainspring has broken in the center, near the barrel arbor, the watch will not run.

However, if the spring breaks out near the other end, where the tang snaps off, then the watch will still run and likely run well, and nearly for the full power reserve. This is not uncommon at all.

Having said that, in both cases the watch will wind forever and not come to a stop, something the OP didn't mention.

I mentioned something like this recently. When I wind my Speedy 3861, what I can best describe as a 'creaking' noise can be heard on the final half-turn of the winding crown, before the mainspring coils finally bind-up. The watch works flawlessly, so I am just putting it (the noise) down to the mainspring coils finally closing together. Whether it should happen or not I don't know, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Stan.

I mentioned something like this recently. When I wind my Speedy 3861, what I can best describe as a 'creaking' noise can be heard on the final half-turn of the winding crown, before the mainspring coils finally bind-up. The watch works flawlessly, so I am just putting it (the noise) down to the mainspring coils finally closing together. Whether it should happen or not I don't know, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Stan.
I’m in the exact same position as you. My 3861 Speedy also “creaks” during the final half-turn of the crown but otherwise watch works fine.

I’m not worried about it unless @Archer tells me I should be. ;)