Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Chronograph never stops running.

1. Ciprian Oct 12, 2020

Hi everyone!

I just bought my first speedy yesterday(second hand, with 2 years of warranty left), and I noticed that the chronograph is constantly running and never stops, no matter what combination of pausing/starting/resetting I’d try. I tried searching for this problem on Google but I couldn’t find an answer.

Should I send it to Omega? Or is there any advice that you could give? Maybe I’m doing something wrong here and I don’t know?

2. SkunkPrince Oct 12, 2020

Top pusher starts and stops, and bottom resets but only when stopped. If the chrono doesn't stop, something is wrong and yes, Omega should service it under warranty.

3. mr_yossarian Oct 12, 2020

I'd place a bet on a broken operating lever spring.
    Screenshot_20201012-171811_Firefox.jpg

marco likes this.
  4. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 12, 2020

It is probably simpler than that. The LHS dial is not part of the chrono function, is the running second for timekeeping. It only stops when the watch runs out of reserve.

5. Evitzee Oct 12, 2020

Agree, I suspect the OP isn't aware of how the watch functions, he may be thinking the sub-seconds hand should stop somehow. Of course it doesn't.

OP should check to see if the central second hand is running, if it isn't you are done. If it is running then push the upper button to stop it, then the lower button to reset it to zero. Done.

I doubt anything is wrong with the watch. Hopefully he'll report back with results.

6. Ciprian Oct 13, 2020

Hi! I am aware that the seconds sub dial should always be running, but my dumb self thought that the chronograph hand should always be running as a seconds hand ( just like the seconds sub dial ) which is dumb from my part. Thanks for clarifying and sorry for my lack of knowledge!

7. Dor_42 Oct 13, 2020

I'm confused, is there still a "problem" with the watch or did the explanations from @padders and @Evitzee sort things out?

8. Ciprian Oct 13, 2020

Yes, the explanations from @padders and @Evitzee have been helpful and sorted things out! Thank you!

Dedalus05, padders and Dor_42 like this.
  9. Dor_42 Oct 13, 2020

Great, enjoy it, and it's a general rule here in the forum that any post should have at least one photo of a watch, so please feed us!

yande and padders like this.
  10. Ciprian Oct 13, 2020

11. yande Oct 13, 2020

Don't worry, I once thought a Tag Monaco I bought was a fake because it had a movement marked ETA.. A little bit of knowlwdge can be dangerous!