Forums Latest Members
  1. Saint888 Dec 1, 2022

Hi Nqtri, i'm from Indonesia. I also see Times.curator Instagram and got suspicious.
    First, usualy watch seller in here also selling their watch in marketplace. Like Tokopedia/tokped. But Times.curator didn't.
    Second, his follower 8000+ but no one post comment in each picture.
    Third, all seller here will post link to their whatsapp. But he didn't.

Mark020 likes this.
  2. kaplan Dec 1, 2022

Again, sorry for Nqtri's experience too

Other than that, how's the market like in Indonesia?

From my singular experience, very bad, I wanted to buy a C-Case that would normally be worth $500-700 in regular market, abused watch but rare dial, everything else about the watch is wrong, seller wanted $2200, I offered an extremely high amount, seller claimed he has higher offers locally while his Tokopedia listing had a lower price than the offers he claimed he had

So the market is like Turkey but without the anti-citizen import restrictions

Apart from this, Wise does nothing and replies late, yet it's still light years better than Paypal, no need to pay 10% in hidden fees, I lost $300 in a scam, I saved at least 10 times with Wise

What can Wise do though, I guess the only unrealistic thing they do could be to ease the legal operations, and maybe pursue scams legally, no one does this, and therefore it's a utopian dream I guess

Mark020 likes this.
  3. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Dec 1, 2022

What a textbook example of a sh.t show that was

janice&fred likes this.
  4. Saint888 Dec 1, 2022

Yes, normally C-Case SS worth around that price. For gold top model i've seen arround $900. But $2200 is to expensive, unless is a solid gold.
    Market in Indonesia, we seldom purchase using direct transfer money. You can guess why. We browse watch using Instagram but when transaction we use escrow service in market place like Tokopedia. The fee in Tokopedia is zero for small seller <100 transaction, after that 1,25%, so still very cheap compare to Chrono24.

kaplan likes this.
  5. cruvon Nov 3, 2023

had heard of him, he passed away?

6. bardamu Nov 3, 2023

Since this thread has been brought back up, I looked for that account on IG and yes, he is still there, with a brand new avatar and just 10 posts so far, but I think it's him again. It's unbelievable that IG doesn't actually seem to do anything to clean the air.

7. Fallout Boy Nov 3, 2023

Nice try :D id-card fakers from India ? :eek:

scam.jpg

60 years valid :thumbsup:

Bernhard J likes this.
  8. southtexas Nov 3, 2023

Yes story was he died of a drug OD.

9. cruvon Nov 3, 2023

Thanks for the info, he was popular with Rolexes back in the day!

10. cej2007 Nov 3, 2023

May or may not be helpful. American Express reversed charges and gave me my funds back using a failure to deliver clause. It was an indiegogo or kickstarter or something like that. The seller fought it but American Express had my back. Glad to still be a member for 34 years. This is not a commercial although it sure does sound like one!

Bernhard J and southtexas like this.