Forums Latest Members
  1. nqtri Nov 30, 2022

Well, this is embarrassing and as much as I want to forget the whole thing, I don't want anyone to fall for the same trap like me.

Some of you might recall I posted asking for advice about the Constellation C-Case CD 168.029. Well, I now believe was scammed $500 out of that.

I found this account on Instagram that goes by @times.curator from Indonesia who had thousand of followers, highlights of screenshots of happy customers' feedback, of stops at DHL, Fedex to send out packages. This is not my first rodeo buying watches from Instagram, but first for vintage Omegas so I guess I got complacent as this account does seem legit like others that I successfully bought from and I also got too excited about a Gold capped C-case in good shape that has all the features I love: fluted bezel, linen dial...

316176431_1186521818602905_5405783195555255177_n.jpg

After some back and forth I wired $500 through Wise to his account. I had to admit that there were some red flags that raised my suspicion but again, I was too excited about my second vintage Omega so I still proceeded. Everything looked good, they even notified me they got the money and asked for my shipping info and said the watch would be shipped the next day.

It only came to me this morning when I could no longer go to view that account nor message them but my other friends could clearly see the account is active.

They are good. They even updated the posts to SOLD to different countries as if they were actually going to the scam victims. And who knows why they asked for my address, probably to sell my data to third parties/ scammers.

There you have it. It's hard to swallow but I'm just glad it stays at 3 digits. Sometimes you win some and lose some but I do hope this will help anyone looking/ eyeing to buy from that account.

Edited Nov 30, 2022
    djjk, numero27, Albe100 and 4 others like this.
  2. Difeer Nov 30, 2022

Oh man that sucks! Sorry to hear that. I don't suppose Wise provides any avenue for recourse?

Also, have you reported the page to IG?

Edited Nov 30, 2022
  3. nqtri Nov 30, 2022

Thanks. Wise can't do anything but I still reported to them for their record as I believe with enough reports they will reject any attempt to send money to that account.

I couldn't report to IG since they blocked me but I asked my friends to do so, and perhaps people here can also do it but I doubt it'd do anything. They'll just resurface with another page and purchase some thousand follows.

Duracuir1 likes this.
  4. Difeer Nov 30, 2022

We have all been there. If it's not watches, it's something else. But really sucks that there are vile ::censored:: targeting the innocent like that. I hope you are not too affected by it, that the sum is not too big of a concern. Take care.

Remember to buy the seller next time!

nqtri likes this.
  5. nqtri Nov 30, 2022

I see it as tuition to a lesson learned. In hindsight, I feel lucky as it could actually have been worse as I also inquired about the Flightmaster they posted but decided I should start small haha.

6. Fallout Boy Nov 30, 2022

Sad to hear such stories.... :(.

7. watchlovr Nov 30, 2022

Nothing posted above proves to me that you’ve been scammed. There could be several reasons you can’t view the IG account. Not enough information.
    What sort of time period are we talking about?
    Were you given shipping details?
    You must have contact details through Wise?

janice&fred and Apa like this.
  8. inchpincher Has your missing inches Nov 30, 2022

It does seem weird because from the photos they clearly have the watches they’re purportedly selling.

9. GuiltunderGlass Nov 30, 2022

I can still see the account as well. They have almost 9K followers, but almost zero engagement on posts...
    Would be curious for timeline and details of the transaction as well.
    If you were scammed, $500 is definitely on the lower end of the spectrum, I've had more expensive lessons learned, if that is any consolation.

10. SC1 Nov 30, 2022

I can see the account as well... they have obviously blocked you.
    The no replies on their posts is worrisome while their occasional photos of DHL packages and DHL visits seems sorta janky to my eyes.

Sorry to read about your loss of $500... that's seriously not good karma on their behalf.

GuiltunderGlass likes this.
  11. GuiltunderGlass Nov 30, 2022

This stood out to me as well, easy to fake and suck ppl in as lot's of the bigger dealers do this as well.

SC1 likes this.
  12. SC1 Nov 30, 2022

Precisely... hell I can go stand in line at FedEx with an Amazon return and a mask on and have my photo taken by a buddy but that sure as shit doesn't prove I'm taking a watch there to ship off to someone.

GuiltunderGlass likes this.
  13. watchlovr Nov 30, 2022

Which watch was it?
    Post some proof of purchase and I’ll ask a question on their page

DaveK likes this.
  14. janice&fred Nov 30, 2022

Well if you would like an ivy league lesson simply send me $1000 for the datejust I'm not going to send and you will graduate with honors :D

wristpirate, SC1, YY77 and 2 others like this.
  15. Dan S Nov 30, 2022

The IG profile does look pretty legit. They have been listing watches gradually for months. It seems unlikely that same account would survive that long if they were blatantly scamming people left and right. And $500 isn't enough of a windfall to burn that account if you ask me. Maybe it's a glitch.

marco, Socks, Davidt and 2 others like this.
  16. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Nov 30, 2022

EA76DE79-E474-47EB-A45E-49AEAF688088.jpeg Not just for the $500, but hoping that Tri gets the watch that he wanted.

janice&fred likes this.
  17. kaplan Nov 30, 2022

I recently got scammed as well, this guy: https://www.instagram.com/artzywatches/

Previously established seller turned scammer, thanks to me, 2 people who sent him watches were able to get their packages halted, which is a hard feat but they managed to do it

At first no one believes it and even those who got scammed were defending him at one point

I started legal action, but it's a long process, the police works slow as well - I suggest you do the same

Bill Sohne, janice&fred and Dan S like this.
  18. BarbVl Nov 30, 2022

I am sorry for your loss but i think that PayPal it's the best way to buy watches internationally.

marco likes this.
  19. KLXN Nov 30, 2022

I see by the other topic that you have purchased the watch 2 days ago. There is some small chance that it’s some kind of mistake, but you are right that it certainly looks bad. Have you tried contacting him through a different account? If he will block another account you will be sure it’s a deliberate action on his side

20. janice&fred Nov 30, 2022

Reminds me of the late-great Steve Mulholland. People worshipped the ground he walked on. Janice and I met up with him at a cafe in Beverly Hills one afternoon when he was out there for "business". She and him were chatting about body art and when I spotted the swastika tatt I knew it was only a matter of time.

bardamu, Mark020, mydeafcat and 2 others like this.