Snoopy 50th Anniversary vs 321: Which would you prefer?

A hypothetical situation:

You're at the OB and the sales rep brings out these two watches:

You've only got sufficient funds for one of them. Which watch would you pick and why?

For me, it's the 321. Closest thing I can get to a Speedmaster reference that's been to the moon without having to go vintage. Also like the display caseback so I can view that beautiful movement.

Thanks in advance for your responses and have a great day!

I'll buy the 50th anniversary Snoopy for its unique case back feature and buy a real vintage 321 with the rest of the saved money.

I'm having the same conundrum at the moment, ~A$14k for the Snoopy and A$21k for the 321, quite a bit of difference price wise but I feel like the 321 is more special.

321 as it doesn’t to my knowledge have any childish and unfunny cartoons on it. I get the space link but did anyone ever find Charlie Brown remotely funny?

I would go for the Snoopy.. I always wanted to buy a Snoopy..😀

Best case back ever 😀
Unique on a speedy.

I’m very happy with my choice. The new 321 is very nice, and it will arrive sooner or later, but Snoopy first!

I own a Snoopy but would rather have the 321. I’m sure if I owned the 321, I’d rather have the Snoopy.

I'm a sucker for Snoopy editions, but I think in this case I would go with 321. Since I would have no interest to sell any of these, down the line I think 321 would be a more sensible choice in regards to my taste. For some reason, I get very attracted to blue dials, but became bored of it pretty fast. Now if we are talking former gen of Snoopy (Failure is not an option), that would be a problem. But in this case, 321 would be my path

Own the 321, and Snoopy holds no interest for me so that is a no brainer for me. Yes, 321 is 40% more than Snoopy but it is worth it, imo. There is just a lot to like in the 321 package, the value is there. But no disrespect for those that like the Snoopy, just a bit too cute for my taste.

321 as it doesn’t to my knowledge have any childish and unfunny cartoons on it. I get the space link but did anyone ever find Charlie Brown remotely funny?
Lucy did when she yanked the football.

My dog in the 1960s was named Snoopy, so it is a bit of a no-brainer. At least as far as fantasy watches are concerned.

Then I have an 861 movement with a 105.12 back and a SN that traces to 1970. Somewhere I might still have the correct back(That had the prior owners initials engraved, But I think the Salvation Army may have got it by accident.)

Would I have liked the 321. Hard to say. I wanted an Apollo era watch, and that is what I have. The charts are fuzzy, but it would be neat if my watch was made on my 10th birthday.

-j

I know what you mean......I would have preferred a depiction of Major Tom orbiting the earth in a tin can

If I walked in and the OB offered me a choice of either, I would walk out, and go buy a bunch of lottery tickets.

Would go for the 321 without a second thought, but I never really “got” the snoopy stuff

As an owner of both, the 321 and it’s not that close for me.

The snoopy is a nice watch - not necessarily the second coming for me like some think. The 321 is timeless, goes with everything and will look as good in 20 years from now as it does today.

I agree with the above. I also have both and I'd pick the 321 if I could only have one. It feels very special.

I just bought the Snoopy. I could have been first on the list at the OB for the 321 too but wasn’t interested. I can fully understand why the 321 is so sought after; it is a superb execution but just doesn’t grab me.

I don’t understand why the used market asking prices are higher for the Snoopy. If this thread is anything to go by, more people prefer the 321 plus the 321 has a higher retail price and seems to the much rarer of the two. Makes no sense to me.

Snoopy first. That’s what I got, there was (at least yet) the option for the 321. If there had been, Snoopy first.

Snoopy is clearly more distinguishable to me from all other black dial speedy omega watches.

having said that, 50 years from now the 321 will still be a great watch to wear…. Guess I won’t be able to look at my wrist in 50 years!
Edited:

This is a painful reminder of my last two visits to OBs when I saw the look of pity on the sales rep face after I asked to be placed on the list for the 321. I knew enough to not ask about the Snoopy.

I know this is supposed to be fun game of pretend and I am a Debbie Downer. It's just hard to get excited about either.

(I did get to try on a 321 at a watch dealer who was asking 20k. Nice watch. No comment on the price.)