Forums Latest Members

Shipping from the US to Australia

1. hondaman Aug 19, 2013

I have had a request to ship the Geneve I am selling to Australia. I have never shipped overseas and would like some advise from those who have. I checked the USPS site for International rates and found prices around $30 but the site also indicated they did not offer Insurance. For those that have shipped to Australia what is the most secure and cost effective method? Thanks

2. ulackfocus Aug 19, 2013

Sent plenty of stuff via the USPS to Australia. It usually costs less than $20 to ship a watch but as you note there's no insurance. Global Express Guaranteed will cost around $65 with insurance. The USPS offers it as option GXG, and FedEx handles it after it's processed.

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 19, 2013

I've received lots of stuff from the US, usually the USPS $20-$30 option. Never had any real issues.

4. Hijak Aug 19, 2013

And I'm about to receive something (very nice) from Australia!:D Not worried in the least...

5. afinewatch Aug 19, 2013

This is what I have encountered with USPS in the past. Gold watches or jewelry should not be shipped by Express Mail.
    Those should be shipped by Air Mail Insured and limits vary from country to country.
    I never ship anything unless fully insured.
    I use mostly Fedex and insure with ParcelPro. You would need to open an account with them.