Forums Latest Members

International Forwarding Services from the US to Europe ?

1. w154 Jan 27, 2020

In the last few months I’ve found myself buying a lot of stuff on the US eBay site, and there’s a very big difference in what’s available depending on whether you have a US shipping address or not. Obviously the Global Shipping Program from eBay gets around this, but still it seems I get around 20-30% more listings when I set a US delivery address rather than my German home address. I think this is because many sellers don’t accept to use the GSP.

Up to now I had an old forum friend help me out but I think, understandably, he’s had enough ! So I wondered if there was a US based forwarding service that you could use as a delivery address, and then they would forward on items that they received. Does anyone know of anything ? Obviously it becomes pointless if it’s overly expensive, but maybe forum members know if something that might work ? Any tips greatly appreciated !ll

2. YY77 Jan 27, 2020

Try myus dot com.

w154 likes this.
  3. w154 Jan 27, 2020

Right... I’ve just looked and that looks very promising !

So a big thanks right off the bat :thumbsup:

Anyone here ever used the service ? My doubt would be that sellers might refuse to ship to an odd looking shipping address. Any idea what the MyUS shipping address looks like ?

And edit to add: any possibility that eBay themselves wouldn’t let you use a MyUS address as a primary shipping address ? I see the eBay logo appears on the MyUS website though.

4. YY77 Jan 27, 2020

I used it to order puma suedes at puma.com, worked out well.

5. peterkirk01 Jan 27, 2020

I live in Dublin Ireland and our national postal company provide an address both in the UK where lots of Amazon purchases are shipped free to a UK address and they also provide a US shipping address for American purchases. Maybe your local postal service might provide the same service.
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie

6. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jan 27, 2020

Just remember you are not covered by ebay if you use a freight forwarder.
    Not covered

• Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options)
    • Items damaged during local pickup
    • Local pickup items that were not collected by, or on behalf of, the buyer
    • Items not delivered, damaged during collection, or damaged during shipment when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight)
    • Duplicate claims through other resolution methods
    • Items shipped to another address after original delivery
    • Vehicles (see eBay Vehicle Protection), Real Estate, Websites & Business for Sale, Classified Ads, services, Digital Content, Intangible Goods, and some Business Equipment categories (see eBay Business Equipment Purchase Protection)
    • Items sold through Sotheby's
    Sellers are subject to this policy even if the transaction was completed on another eBay site.

w154 likes this.