Forums Latest Members

Help needed from a Canadian Member in forwarding a purchase from Canada to Australia

1. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 14, 2019

anybody able to forward a purchase to australia due to a stubborn seller; not flexible to adapt to my shipping descriptions...... private message or here fine. kind regards. achim

2. Evitzee Mar 14, 2019

What are you offering that the Aussie doesn't like? A stubborn party to a transaction is problematic from the get go, doubly so on an international deal.

fastfras and connieseamaster like this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 14, 2019

It's the other way around.

A seller in Canadia doesn't want to ship beyond the border.

A buyer in Australia wants to buy an item and can't understand the reluctance to ship to another child of the Empire.

It is a global market now Mr Canadia seller!

:whipped:

Toishome, Waxtactic and Evitzee like this.
  4. Evitzee Mar 14, 2019

You're a right, I misread the post (early morning eye sight). Unless seller can find someone to hand carry the watch there aren't too many options.

5. DON Mar 14, 2019

A lot of sellers don't like to ship beyond their borders due to the hassle of of some carriers or the fact they can't get the item fully insured. I have had to ship US Ebay purchases to friends in the US as the seller wouldn't ship to Canada.

I know through Canada Post. Max insurance is $1000 and doesn't include watches, jewellery, bonds or anything of precious value.

I also know that unless you use Fed-Ex, UPS or high priced couriers. Australia does not scan registered packages from other countries PO's. Once I ship a registered package to Australia and it leaves Canada. All I get is package has left country and then it's regular mail (unless they changed that) and if it goes missing. Customer is out of luck and max insurance is $60.00

I shipped an Omega movement to Achim many years ago + a number of parts packages and basically the registered cost was for the $60.00 insurance value. Luckly, everything showed up, but can also go missing

DON

watchyouwant likes this.
  6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 14, 2019

it`s always 100% on my risk anyway. we have a very good postal system. so has Canada and the USA. EMS postal courier is always the best option. never lost a parcel that way. kind regards. achim

7. DON Mar 14, 2019

What are you buying?

Canada Post switched a lot of thing around from the time you bought from me. I used to be able to use a box for registered, but can't anymore unless you use a higher priced courier like EMS, Fed-Ex or UPS

I used to use small packet for $9.00 with $100 insurance, but it had no tracking (insurance to protect me than customer). Lot of false insurance claims by users, so now its $50.00 with tracking.

Not the old days anymore and costs a lot of money between countries now and a lot more headaches

Let me know and will check my local PO when I go for a coffee later on. If I know. I can guesstimate with a box or? as needed

DON

queriver likes this.
  8. queriver Mar 14, 2019

Tracking purchases made overseas that are shipped as registered postal items into Australia is just not possible. As @DON says, once it departs the international gateway centre in the export country we Australians (and the seller) are unable to track a registered item. My experience is Australia Post normally doesn't scan those items upon arrival in Australia so the first you find out about it is when the postie delivers it. Also, I'm pretty sure Australia Post normally expects a recipient to wait about 4 weeks before they'll log a registered item as missing.

watchyouwant likes this.
  9. Dan S Mar 14, 2019

True. I just experienced this with a Seiko I sent to Adrian Sellick. In fact, the Australian postal service didn't even scan it when they delivered it, so it still doesn't show that it was delivered, even though it was received.

watchyouwant likes this.
  10. queriver Mar 14, 2019

If end-to-end tracking and speed of delivery from Nth America to Australia are important, best to use Fedex.

11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 14, 2019

it`s quite easy here in Australia. use worldwide registered and track on the foreign postal site. one week later CALL Australia post tracking system and they track for you exactly, where it is. done that most of the time. Fedex is a disaster into Australia. always customs problems. EMS works best. add some small insurance for special handling and all is good. you know exactly, where it is with your computer. I ship worldwide all the time. Into EU even without the buyer paying GST/VAT. kind regards. achim........Don, a chronograph. even a pre paid satchel 500 grams is fine. chrono rolled into bubble wrap like a thick sausage. works well and does not attract the wrong people on the way..... so, maybe EMS with insurance for C$ 135. kind regards. achim

marturx and queriver like this.
  12. sjg22 Mar 14, 2019

Happy to help if needed. PM me to discuss further.

fskywalker and watchyouwant like this.
  13. fastfras Mar 14, 2019

It's a touchy issue, we have canadians complaining about CONUS sales ads yet some of us will not ship outside of N/A.

Dependent of price i'll ship almost anywhere however, proper tracking with signature and insurance from paypal can give the shipper some assurance. In this case the seller needs to trust the buyer.

watchyouwant likes this.
  14. monti Mar 14, 2019

What are you buying? I live in British Columbia Canada and am going to Melbourne in April. PM me

watchyouwant likes this.
  15. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 14, 2019

Wow, 7 Canadian Members wanted to help ! that is outstanding, dear Omega Community. i found the Collector, who used to forward stuff to Australia in the past, so all is good ! whoever and whenever anybody needs a favour from Australia, i`m more than happy to do that for you all. thanks again for your time and have a great weekend . Achim

marturx, chadpowe11, justinz and 6 others like this.
  16. Jonatan Mar 14, 2019

I would like to apologize for all of us Canadians that didn’t respond fast enough. ;)

akshayluc420, shishy, kov and 3 others like this.
  17. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 14, 2019

jon, normally we are the lazy ones here in the Sun........never apologize for Kindness. kind regards. achim

18. queriver Mar 15, 2019

Your experience with registered post into Australia seems to be the opposite to some other posters here. You sure it's Australia where you live (the one with kangaroos), not Austria? ;)

19. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 15, 2019

Don't mention Austria, it still makes me angry.

I posted a package in Paris, addressed to a member in Austria, probably only about 1,000 kilometres away.
    After significant delays and many enquiries it arrived in Austria, complete with a re-direct stamp from Brisbane Australia :eek:.
    After that, as suggested by @mac_omega, all mail to Austria was sent to "Österreich".

I also posted a package from Avignon to a member in Zagreb which never arrived :mad:.

So my experience with postage in the EU is not conducive to confidence (looking at you La Poste).

I have however, had no problems with shipping from Australia to many other countries using Australia Post, and conversely, none of my incoming packages from various countries has ever gone astray, even a couple from Italy!

I'm sure Achim will be fine with his delivery.

watchyouwant likes this.
  20. Faz Mar 15, 2019

There's one more here willing to help now or in the future!

Jonatan and watchyouwant like this.