Forums Latest Members

Servicing a Speedmaster Reduced 3539

1. friedldds Jul 28, 2020

Hi All,

I have the later-generation speedy reduced (3539) and lately its been stopping on me. I think its time to send it in for service but I don't have any AD near me (I live in eastern Iowa). Does anyone know if I can send it to omega directly, or have a third party service center that could handle servicing these piggyback chronographs?

Thank you in advance!

Chris

2. SkeletonKey Jan 15, 2021

Chris, hi!
    Were you ever able to have your watch serviced?

3. friedldds Jul 4, 2021

I sent it in to Omega in Seattle for complete service. They got it running but it still stops intermittently at random times. I’ve sent it back two more times and they can’t find anything wrong with it.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 4, 2021

That’s not ideal, might be worth trying an independent somewhere to get it checked out but they should repair it under warranty

5. Canuck Jul 4, 2021

Do you use the chronograph feature a lot? Is it mostly prone to stopping when the chronograph is running? If your wearing pattern is erratic (on! Off! On! Off, etc.) chances are it is running down.

6. Cayohuesovespa Jul 6, 2021

Did you ever get this sorted?
    I send all my omegas to Nesbit's in Washington.
    I sent them three and they've all come back running better than ever.

7. Canuck Jul 7, 2021

July 28, 2020 was the date of @friedldds post, asking for advice regarding his Speedmaster reduced. Today is July 7, 2021. Looks like this is just another “hit and run” poster. Appears we can forget about him.