Forums Latest Members

Seamaster back on a Speedmaster Reduced

1. Chris_Petty Nov 2, 2017

Hi,
    Wondering if anyone here can help clear something up for me. I have a Speedmaster Reduced, bought from original owner but I didn't notice until I purchased (yeah, not too smart of me) it that it had a Seamaster rather than a Speedmaster back. The seller assured me this was how the watch had always been.

Last week I took it in to an Omega Authorised Service Centre for a service and mentioned this to them and they said that some Speedmaster and Speedmaster Reduced watches had come with Seamaster backs over the years. They assure me that the watch is genuine Omega in all respects, but I just wondered if anyone could give definitive info on this? As the watch is still being serviced I can't provide images or serial number right now.

cheers
    Chris

2. jakeh417 Nov 2, 2017

Can you post pictures? Both sides of the case back.

3. Chris_Petty Nov 2, 2017

I'll see if the service centre can take a picture of the inside of the back before they pressure test, may be too late though

4. Canuck Nov 2, 2017

My Speedmaster reduced, ref.175.0033 is rose gold and steel, and the case has a Speedmaster back. I don’t have an answer for your’s with a Seamaster case back.

5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Nov 2, 2017

Lots of Speedmaster automatics came with Seamaster case backs. A quick Google search will show you which ones.

6. Chris_Petty Nov 3, 2017

Thanks, I'd seen mention of this but never of the Speedmaster Reduced falling into the same bracket. Sounds plausible though

7. Sluggo Jan 31, 2023

Too bad they're not like the mis-stamped coins. Those are worth tons more than their original face value.