Service tracking - Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch

I thought I might do a thread tracking how long my service takes

My watch is a Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 and I took to the Omega Boutique (Regent street, London)

Here’s what the service tracker says so far, and I’ll keep it updated

Service Status

Service Received

Technical Diagnosis

Waiting for Parts

Service in Process

The estimated date of completion for this repair is 21.08.2024. This date may be revised based on spare parts availability and repair capacity at the time of approval.

Like 1
A potted watch never ticks.

Like 5
Smoke the pot and forget about the ticks...

Like 9
It will be done when they are finished with it. I predict before the estimated completion date.

Like 1
l3NMvtA.jpeg

I appreciate that me posting this on the day of the update suggests that check daily…

Like 3
When I booked the watch in for service I was given a “service number and password” to use at https://cis.omegawatches.com/

I've recently left a watch for repair, I didn't notice that they give me this information, I'll have to have a look at the paperwork I was given.

I've recently left a watch for repair, I didn't notice that they give me this information, I'll have to have a look at the paperwork I was given.

I’m in the UK. There’s a chance this is a country specific thing? Also I left mine at an Omega Boutique, which might be different too?

I'm in the UK as well, I left mine at the Bond Street boutique.

The info may well be on the paperwork I was given but I just haven't looked at it!

The boutique just called, my watch is ready for collection

in the end it took 7 weeks (50 days) from me dropping it off to it being ready for collection. 5 weeks less than they suggested

BBo2ugJ.jpeg

JtKiWbA.jpeg

Like 5
Are the hands replaced because they can't be reinstalled once removed, or is it simply part of the routine service, etc?

I've just found mine, it suggests a return date of 15/08 and shows waiting for parts.
I also dropped a Daytona off for work on the same day, I'm curious who completes the work first?

Are the hands replaced because they can't be reinstalled once removed, or is it simply part of the routine service, etc?

Mine is showing a hands kit as well as a service and O ring.

Hands are routinely replaced at servicing, I also recall reading this applies to the hesalite crystal as well.

Like 2
Hands are routinely replaced at servicing, I also recall reading this applies to the hesalite crystal as well.
Thank you. If you request that you want to keep the original hands or the hesalite crystal will they reinstall them? When I purchased my Speedy my local OB told me you can request to reuse the hesalite crystal.