Seiko 5 Snoopy

Yup we are nutz. I think the notepad is s nice touch as we can doodle any insane drivel that may hit us at 2am.

Have to have a wrist shot like @DoctorEvil 😁.

SS6.JPG

and a close-up of the dial, note the SeikO.........😉

SS7.JPG

and a shot of Snoopy's paw print to finish off.

SS8.JPG

SS6.JPG

SS7.JPG

SS8.JPG
Awesome. We both got ours on the same day!
To be honest, I've never seen that much packing material used to transport just a single watch. When Omega mailed my SMP back to me after a service, it was just in the red service pouch covered in some bubble wrap, and then placed in a plastic mailing satchel.

...........I've never seen that much packing material used to transport just a single watch. ...............

Well, the good thing is that it's all recyclable.

And "re-useable".

Ever put those puffy plastic packing bags under the back offside wheel of your neighbour's car?

😁

Helicopter looks great guys, wear in good health! For me both models give off a playful 'I don't take myself too seriously' vibe, which I really like - perfect summer watch!

Helicopter looks great guys, wear in good health! For me both models give off a playful 'I don't take myself too seriously' vibe, which I really like - perfect summer watch!
Thank you. I'm definitely looking forward to wearing it during the holidays this summer Down Under.

the paw print is awesome. But is that a scratch on the crown already? 😀

the paw print is awesome. But is that a scratch on the crown already? 😀
Probably a reflection or a fibre.

SS6.JPG

SS7.JPG

SS8.JPG
The watch is really good looking, and love the size... I want one now

I ordered both for my wife and she loves them. The two PP's are going away for the summer so she will have the Snoopy's on rubber.

IMG_2072.jpeg

I ordered both for my wife and she loves them. The two PP's are going away for the summer so she will have the Snoopy's on rubber.

IMG_2072.jpeg
The Seikos look great on those straps. I've currently got a new leather strap and a black tropic rubber strap on order, in readiness for the next southern summer. Also considering a canvas or sailcloth strap. I reckon these watches are going to be real strap monsters.

........ I reckon these watches are going to be real strap monsters.

Thankfully Seiko realised this and incorporated drilled through lugs, so much easier to do strap changes.

With the likes of strap code and uncle Seiko along with so many more we have a wide variety of straps and bracelets to choose from.

Does anyone else find it hard to read the time on the watch ? Too much white on white ? I know they are not really supposed to be more than a piece of eye candy but they had a purpose once upon a time.

With the likes of strap code and uncle Seiko along with so many more we have a wide variety of straps and bracelets to choose from.

Does anyone else find it hard to read the time on the watch ? Too much white on white ? I know they are not really supposed to be more than a piece of eye candy but they had a purpose once upon a time.
I find that the black border of the hands is just enough for me to be able to read the time. I'd imagine that the SMP GMT "Great White" and white dial SMP 300m would have similar issues.

For me, I wish that the yellow tip on the second hand is a bit brighter as I'm finding that it blends in too much with the white dial.

I find that the black border of the hands is just enough for me to be able to read the time. I'd imagine that the SMP GMT "Great White" and white dial SMP 300m would have similar issues.

For me, I wish that the yellow tip on the second hand is a bit brighter as I'm finding that it blends in too much with the white dial.
I just noticed it was yellow, I thought it was a short second hand 🙁