Silver Snoopy 50th

Posts
100
Likes
126
Hello, I've searched this forum, but failed to find relevant discussions...so I am writing to get collective wisdom.

I am considering adding silver snoopy 50th to my existing collection - 3861 hesalite, 3861 sedna/steel bi-color and 321 EW. Reason being that it's just beautiful (especially the combo of silver dial & ceramic bezel, let alone the case back). This being 4th speedmaster, I also wish this watch could maintain its value in the long haul (i.e. I am becoming more sensitive & selective to spending). By 'maintain', what I mean is at least I want its value won't drop by as much/fast as that of other regular models would do, and to be clear, I am not wishing it'll skyrocket like 45th snoopy did, because I don't expect flipping, unless in a financially stressed situation. The 50th one is not limited mumbered edition unlike its older brothers, and still being produced, and no news or hint that Omega will stop producing it soon.

Boutique nearby believes my chances being allocated look reasonably good considering the history I bought from them and discussed this and that with them, so I submitted application. They said they will come back with feedback first hopefully in a few weeks, adding that it's OK making a formal order after the feedback.

Any thoughts very much appreciated with respect!
Edited:
 
Posts
7,057
Likes
13,017
Fingers crossed as it's all " Snoopy " again at Boutiques 馃
.
.
My own design using a time-period bullion " Eyes On The Stars " patch:
.
 
Posts
2,377
Likes
11,222
Hello, I've searched this forum, but failed to find relevant discussions...so I am writing to get collective wisdom.

I am considering adding silver snoopy 50th to my existing collection - 3861 hesalite, 3861 sedna/steel bi-color and 321 EW. Reason being that it's just beautiful (especially the combo of silver dial & ceramic bezel, let alone the case back). This being 4th speedmaster, I also wish this watch could maintain its value in the long haul (i.e. I am becoming more sensitive & selective to spending). By 'maintain', what I mean is at least I want its value won't drop by as much/fast as that of other regular models would do, and to be clear, I am not wishing it'll skyrocket like 45th snoopy did, because I don't expect flipping, unless in a financially stressed situation. The 50th one is not limited mumbered edition unlike its older brothers, and still being produced, and no news or hint that Omega will stop producing it soon.

Boutique nearby believes my chances being allocated look reasonably good considering the history I bought from them and discussed this and that with them, so I submitted application. They said they will come back with feedback first hopefully in a few weeks, adding that it's OK making a formal order after the feedback.

Any thoughts very much appreciated with respect!
I have four 3861s, white, hesalite, FOIS and snoopy 50. All new in 2024-25. The only one that has not lost thousands of value is the snoopy, I was offered more than msrp for it from watchfinder. Doesn't matter, I didn't buy them expecting them to be investments.
 
Posts
145
Likes
210
I have four 3861s, white, hesalite, FOIS and snoopy 50. All new in 2024-25. The only one that has not lost thousands of value is the snoopy, I was offered more than msrp for it from watchfinder. Doesn't matter, I didn't buy them expecting them to be investments.
As they say, if you want a return, buy stocks!
 
Posts
7,774
Likes
14,366
There are about 230 'in stock' Snoopy 50th on C24 ranging in price from US$15,000 to 22,000. Market value is probably around $15k for this watch, it's been pretty steady for awhile now. You aren't likely to lose money if you buy from a dealer or boutique at full retail value. It's a storehouse of value, but not an investment that is going to appreciate much in the future. There are many out there.
 
Posts
100
Likes
126
Fingers crossed as it's all " Snoopy " again at Boutiques 馃
.
.
My own design using a time-period bullion " Eyes On The Stars " patch:
.
馃榾馃榾 haha thanks
Fingers crossed as it's all " Snoopy " again at Boutiques 馃
.
.
My own design using a time-period bullion " Eyes On The Stars " patch:
.
 
Posts
100
Likes
126
I have four 3861s, white, hesalite, FOIS and snoopy 50. All new in 2024-25. The only one that has not lost thousands of value is the snoopy, I was offered more than msrp for it from watchfinder. Doesn't matter, I didn't buy them expecting them to be investments.
Thanks for sharing
 
Posts
100
Likes
126
There are about 230 'in stock' Snoopy 50th on C24 ranging in price from US$15,000 to 22,000. Market value is probably around $15k for this watch, it's been pretty steady for awhile now. You aren't likely to lose money if you buy from a dealer or boutique at full retail value. It's a storehouse of value, but not an investment that is going to appreciate much in the future. There are many out there.
So long as it's a store of value, I would be happy, thanks.
 
Posts
779
Likes
2,308
Yeah, with the amount they have produced versus the previous versions which were true limited editions, the price will remain around current market value for the foreseeable future.
 
Posts
100
Likes
126
Yeah, with the amount they have produced versus the previous versions which were true limited editions, the price will remain around current market value for the foreseeable future.
Thanks. If I buy one indeed, then I will definitely hope they will discontinue this specific reference and launch a 4th one. 馃ぃ
 
Posts
84
Likes
177
I think that in the medium term, the price of a worn piece could even drop slightly below the list price. If Omega releases a new model for the 60th anniversary (probably will) and discontinues production of this one, the price could start to rise moderately in the long run (say around ~2031).
Definitely not an investment piece (imo).
 
Posts
100
Likes
126
I think that in the medium term, the price of a worn piece could even drop slightly below the list price. If Omega releases a new model for the 60th anniversary (probably will) and discontinues production of this one, the price could start to rise moderately in the long run (say around ~2031).
Definitely not an investment piece (imo).
Yeah thanks a lot for sharing your view.