Seeking Advice on Speedmaster 321

Dear fellow watch enthusiasts, I am seeking your insightful opinions on this Speedmaster Ref. 145.0012 Cal. 321 that I’m looking forward to purchase. Your evaluations and observations will be much appreciated, especially if you can help me identify anything out of the ordinary. Thanks all in advance for the help.

Cheers,

That’s a 90’s dial that has no place on a 321.
Ahh damm, thank you for your input

I am also new... but the back looks too pristine, the crown looks wrong, and the dial both incorrect and also maybe relumed?

Ref. 145.0012

This number already reveiles that its not worth buying. The additional "0" in the ref# tells you that it is a much later replacement case (original Omega though). This fact and the obviously wrong dial makes it a "no go" for a collector. And the low movement serial# is wrong too - it is far too low for this model. This watch could serve as a parts donor.
Or if it is very cheap you can buy it as a daily beater but be aware that it is not collectible.

This is perfectly buyable at the right price. I would guess it is a 105.002/3 that went to Omega / Bienne for refurbishment.

They would have replaced any parts that failed QC, and it is not uncommon to replace the straight lug case with the service case for a Calibre 321, which is the 145.0012 as mentioned in the OP.

OF course the value is (in my opinion) based on the value of the movement, then a little for the rest.

I dont like the bezel, look at OP:
bex false.JPG

Confirm original:

bez real.JPG

Finally check the appearance of the bezel steel carrier ring. It is too thick, and without blemish.

This might open a whole discussion, of who put a repro bezel on an Omega service - if it is an Omega service. It could just be cobbled together.

A good condition and correct ~$4,000 3590.50 from the early 90s is better than this watch in almost every way.