Forums Latest Members

Seamaster movements fitted in a Speedmaster from factory.

1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 5, 2019

Oh I thought those where like the ultramans. Not unrecorded.

2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 5, 2019

Every extract I’ve seen for a soliel is black dial. I’ve been gathering the serials for a few years now.

there are a few they people won’t release to me but I know exist.

watchyouwant likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 5, 2019

I’m on the soliel dials are service dialS train personally. But I’ve not done any SN correlation on them. I did know those are not on the extracts. Although it may be based on the lack of extracts that I think that, which now has another wrinkle questioning extract reliability.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 5, 2019

And yet there has been an extract issued for a 105.012-64 soleil and at least one other which I found very fishy indeed. I too am in the service dial camp which means no genuine sight unseen extract would be possible.

watchyouwant likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 5, 2019

Except for that time period where notes could be added and in verified/ supported by records.

a -64 soliel seems very fishy to me. Aren’t most -68’s?

6. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 5, 2019

No, actually they aren’t. There is one 2998 known and several 63,64,65 etc. But I am yet to get above double figures on either reference be it a 012 & 003 They are without a doubt rarer than rare.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Dec 5, 2019

Woah, you guys remind me of an anecdote.

Back in the 90s, I had a Seamaster Calendar date at 6. Steel case, white markers, but no bezel. Had come off at some point. I give Omega the serial, they tell me this is a gold-capped Seamaster and it needs a gold bezel and other gold parts.

Because I was young and foolish, I believed them rather than my eyes.

I ended up sending them the watch and some cash and they affixed a gold bezel. Then I got the dial refinished with gold pieces, new hands....

Little did I know to just leave it alone, and I wish I had!

That watch was associated with the woman who divorced me so I gave it back to her.

I have another Seamaster Calendar date at 6, which is a true gold cap watch. Wish it were all stainless.

Ah well.

Moral of the story, Omega can only interpret what records it has in terms of "we ran 1000 of these using this serial range" and if yours doesn't match that list, it's "wrong." Believe your eyes first.

Tom

8. Basset Hound Dec 5, 2019

One was sold recently at the WOK auction that had an extract that mentioned the blue dial. Does anyone know if Omega are including this on the extract just because the watch currently has a soleil dial or is it from their records?

9. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 5, 2019

It's because the auctioneers asked them to mention it.

watchyouwant, MCC, palatine and 6 others like this.
  10. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 5, 2019

That Watch was removed after one of the last owners pulled it to bits and WoK threatened him with legal action if he didn’t shut up! He requested various members of the watch community to speak out.

It never sold and was pulled from sale.

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 5, 2019

What was the date on the extract?

12. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 6, 2019

Was the WOK watch mentioned above the one where Omega gave an extract then gave another because the auction house submitted the wrong serial and strangely enough both were for an ultra rare reference? I can’t remember the details of whether it was an UM or soleil/racing but either way it stank.

13. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2019

I don't know. It was an older EoA though. I was contacted via social media by the owner prior to the sale at Phillips asking me to help. I have photos of the watch before he sold it and it has various parts changed and a warranty card that was filled in very recent before the auction and instead of a 'native' Mexican writing the cards as Distrito Federal de Mexico they wrote Mexico City and a false name. He also stated the watch never had papers and the extract said blue/grey dial.

Edited Dec 6, 2019
    watchyouwant and Foo2rama like this.
  14. Basset Hound Dec 6, 2019

15. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 6, 2019

16. Basset Hound Dec 6, 2019

It was the one that I was referring to that was sold by WOK and had a extract that mentioned the blue dial. There must have been another one that @DLT222 is referring to.

17. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2019

This is the one. My error it was Phillips. The whole thing stank and was a complete shit show.

https://www.phillips.com/detail/omega/CH080218/39

Look at the date on the extract and look at the date on the cards.

18. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 6, 2019

Ah yes, the one that was supposedly sold before it was manufactured.

19. gefmey Dec 6, 2019

A pre-production sale, very rare. :D

watchyouwant and cristos71 like this.
  20. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Dec 6, 2019

Blancpain is the same....... kind regards. achim