Seamaster Bullhead Photos! from Omega Boutique King of Prussia

Greetings,

The Omega Boutique at King of Prussia has a Seamaster Bullhead in stock, and I recently had the opportunity to try it on and snap some photos. Here they are for your viewing pleasure! I have 6.25" wrists, so it's a bit large on me, but still wearable. I didn't think the Bullhead was my thing, but I liked it better than I thought I would. If you're in the Philadelphia area, I highly recommend going into the King of Prussia Boutique and trying it on -- it's very different!

IMG_0581.JPG IMG_0580.JPG IMG_0579.jpg IMG_0578.jpg IMG_0577.jpg IMG_0576.jpg IMG_0575.jpg IMG_0574.jpg IMG_0573.jpg

Add that to the list of "watches I would not like to be beaned in the noggin with".

I'm sorry to say it but these modern Omega versions of 1970s watches leave me cold. They seem totally over engineered, way too thick and have lost all the "elegance" of the originals. Even a 1970s Ploprof looks
quite dainty next to its modern counterpart.
The original concept of the bullhead was as a drivers chronograph which with its slightly curved form could be worn on the side of the
wrist when driving a sports car.
The reason for this was so the chronograph could be viewed without taking ones hands off the steering wheel while doing laps of the Neurenburg, Spa, etc.
In the 1970s this was original thinking, although judging by the popularity of the model then it was providing the solution to a totally non existent problem. In 2014 this wearing of a chronograph side on the wrist is even less likely to be done and serves even less of a purpose.
My point is I have no point really only that the new versions looks very large, seems to sit very high and appears quite ungainly when positioned on the side of the wrist as was the original concept.

the new versions looks very large, seems to sit very high and appears quite ungainly when positioned on the side of the wrist as was the original concept.

this is concise and accurate summary of the vast majority of heritage re-editions across all brands.

this is concise and accurate summary of the vast majority of heritage re-editions across all brands.

I'll say Longines is the exception that proves the rule, but I may be a bit biased.

Quirky and like a misshapen hockey puck on the wrist LOL

Your bullhead looks amazing! I'd love to own one someday

Just for comparisons sake

What bracelet is on your vintage Bullhead?

What bracelet is on your vintage Bullhead?

I was about to ask the same question...

Nice looking bracelet!👍 Think I'm going to get one for my SM 300.

an Omega for the Paneristi to go gaga over