Forums Latest Members
  1. Adb_85 Feb 28, 2018

Hi all

I'm after a bit of advice... I am looking to get an Omega strap for my Constellation 168.018 to replace the original worn and fairly battered one I inherited it with. After wearing it with cheapo brown and black straps I think the time is right to get something more akin to the original and of a bit more quality.

After looking online I haven't been able to find a source which reassures me I will be getting a legit product so I decided to visit my local Omega Boutique at the Trafford Centre in Manchester, UK to see if they could provide one.

The assistant in the store advised and encouraged me to send the watch off to Omega so they could provide the right strap. Given Omega's reputation for polishing cases etc and as I am keen to keep the watch in as original condition as possible I declined this option.

So I am now wondering is sending the watch off to Omega the usual route to getting a new strap or can anyone advise on an alternative place to buy one? Or is it even worth getting an Omega strap as there are a fair few strap makers/sellers around? Happy for any advice or recommendations for other options

Thanks - and here is a pic of the watch

IMG_3557.JPG

2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 28, 2018

I think suggesting you send the watch to Omega for a strap change is taking the piss.
    I’m sure you’ll get suggestions for straps.
    Hirsch is an obvious choice as they do 19mm.
    Nice Connie BTW. :thumbsup:

3. turbo_muc Feb 28, 2018

Why do they want to send it to Omega??? ::screwloose::

They can measure the distance between the lugs and look for a strap in their catalogue (or ask the headquarter).

Would never send in my watch for a new strap!

felsby and Adb_85 like this.
  4. Noddyman Feb 28, 2018

I would second the Hirsch recommendation, nice straps at the right price point.
    If you want gator or croc take a look at Cousinsuk.com as they offer a few in 19mm.

Adb_85 likes this.
  5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 28, 2018

Have a look at this site - I’ve used them in the past.
    https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/
    A range of straps
    Inexpensive to expensive.
    And you can always buy a modern Omega buckle if you want - or look for a vintage one.

Adb_85 likes this.
  6. Adb_85 Feb 28, 2018

I did say its 19mm lugs and I have the 16mm Omega buckle but he still insisted on it going to Omega... It seems as though the 19/16mm combo reduces the options a bit but I will have look at the sites above. Cheers folks

7. dstern Feb 28, 2018

I can recommend ziczac leather in Vietnam for a custom crocodile strap at a very affordable price of $49 including shipping and excellent communication. They also have other skins, but I know only the crocodile first hand.

Adb_85 likes this.
  8. NOTSHARP Feb 28, 2018

You could order one or two from Vietnam, in various leathers, for not much money.

My ostrich leg skin.

OSTRICH ON ROTARY 12.jpg OSTRICH ON ROTARY 3.jpg

Made to order. $30.

Steve.

9. AnotherDon Feb 28, 2018

Send your watch to Omega to merely fit a strap!?! That's just crazy talk. When they get through, they will likely want more for their strap and buckle than you paid for the watch. The above are good suggestions and if you want a top-drawer strap, try ABPparis https://www.abpconcept.paris/ or Camille Fournet https://www.camillefournet.com/fr/bracelet-montre/bracelet-montre-personnalise . They will cost a bit more than those above (figure $100 to $400 depending on the type of leather chosen), but you have the abiliity to specify virtually every facet of the strap.

While a 19/16 strap may be limited at Omega, other brands use this size frequently...think IWC, JLC and Blancpain. 19mm straps are out there, you just may have to look around a bit. Google is your friend.

Also, make sure you have a good strap changing tool.

:)

Adb_85 likes this.
  10. Adb_85 Feb 28, 2018

Hey Steve, strap looks good. Do you have a link?

11. NOTSHARP Mar 1, 2018

Adb_85 likes this.
  12. Perrier Mar 1, 2018

That's very strange...

I recently bought an Omega strap in an Omega store (Queen's Road, Hong Kong) for my Omega Constellation...

At no point did they try to upsell or take my watch for a consultation.

watch.jpeg
    Adb_85, Waltesefalcon and Peemacgee like this.
  13. Adb_85 Feb 19, 2019

Hey guys just an update if anyone is interested. I went for a strap from vncrocsell and I’m chuffed with it for the money paid - c£25.

Time will tell how it fairs but so far so good

A9E6DFAB-D66D-44DA-B960-8FBDD05A6CDA.jpeg

ConElPueblo and KingCrouchy like this.
  14. hungdangnguyen23 Feb 19, 2019

Is vncrocsell an eBay vendor? Is the strap custom made/cut?

15. Adb_85 Feb 20, 2019

Yes its an ebay vendor - https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/vncrocsell/m.htmlPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

There are some precut straps of various sizes and i'm pretty sure you can message with custom requests too