Forums Latest Members
  1. john_coburg Jan 28, 2020

The bezel actually turns quite nicely, so not sure why it won't align correctly.
    Pretty sure the crystal certainly isn't 'new' - what gives you that impression?

2. verithingeoff Jan 28, 2020

I've had a new crystal fitted to my early Tudor sub and it interfered with the bezel turning. The crystal was reduced very slightly in diameter to clear the bezel, I thought that maybe.......

3. john_coburg Jan 28, 2020

ah, i see. no, it turns just fine. it just doesn't line up.

4. Dash1 Jan 29, 2020

If the bezel turns okay but doesn’t line up correctly it’s likely that the bezel insert has moved. To fix it you would need to remove the insert and put it back correctly aligned, however I don’t recommend you try it as the insert is very fragile and you’ll likely break it.

5. janice&fred Jan 29, 2020

I agree. even IF the bezel could line up exactly on point there is still plenty of wabi and random imperfections to trigger another OCD flare-up. leave the freakin thing alone and focus on finding a decent bracelet. I bet that thing would pop on one of uncle Seiko's jubilees!

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 29, 2020

Actually, it's more likely to have come that way from the factory. Even the modern replacements cases had a time a while back where a bunch of bezels didn't line up properly. Watchco sold a pile that were misaligned - I know, I have one of them.

Dash1 likes this.
  7. john_coburg Jan 29, 2020

Point fully taken - and besides, i'm growing to like its misalignment, now i could believe it left the factory like that. it's endearing.
    Last question: what is an appropriate-era 16mm buckle for the leather strap? (for some reason, i prefer a retired vintage diver on a leather strap rather than a bracelet)
    ...and a good supplier of an aftermarket example? I have the attached at the moment and it's just not quite right.

20200129_210410.jpg
  8. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jan 29, 2020

That buckle is horrendous and Omega is remaking the ones with the raised logo of that style but not looking smooshed.

When I get a chance I'll take a pic of the buckle I like for that era.

Tom

9. john_coburg Jan 30, 2020

Thanks Tom, would like to see that.
    Something like this?

Screenshot_20200130-084204_eBay.jpg
  10. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jan 30, 2020

This is what I have on my Seamaster 300's Tropic when I'm in the mood for it.

Not the best pic but it's a stamped buckle with a raised symbol.

Tom

tropic.png