Seamaster 300 Dial, are they too expensive ?

Looking through ebay just now I saw a Seamaster 300 original dial for sale, with delivery to the UK its price is £600.
Last year on a similar site I saw a fake for £40, might come in useful I thought so I bought it, it arrived in 2 days and postage was included.

It is well made, looks a lot better than my image with a phone camera.

I can hear the shouts now about fake parts spoiling the market and robbing the OEM,s, but is the price of the original really justified?

Posted just for interest

300-1.jpg 300-2.jpg

You can buy better fakes from Vietnam. Still easy to spot, but getting better .....

its a long way to Vietnam and because of the time difference the hour markers will be in a different place, dead give-away for a fake

Fake is fake and highly frowned upon on this forum. 🤮

So you're saying fakes are ok because a genuine item is too expensive?!

So you're saying fakes are ok because a genuine item is too expensive?!

That's pretty much the justification for all fakes.

Did the recent forum change open the floodgates to bell ends?

So in all seriousness, these dials are Total Junk. They will lower the value of your watch by more than the £600 you quote for the original on eBay. If you must replace the dial economically use a genuine service replacement from Omega. I think you will get change from £250 and have a genuine watch.

I can hear the shouts now about fake parts spoiling the market and robbing the OEM,s, but is the price of the original really justified?

Posted just for interest

so you can see others shouting that fake parts suck, but you choose to ignore it? Fake people use fake things

They will lower the value of your watch by more than the £600 you quote for the original on eBay.

Agreed. Ethics aside, of all the fake parts you can buy I think the dial would be the worst. The dial is the key aesthetic component that lets you and other people identify your watch. Take a 3k watch (or any value), shove a fake dial on it, and you've instantly turned the whole thing into a cheap fake in many people's eyes.