seamaster 14364-61 case back question , advise needed,

Posts
156
Likes
43
good morning members and good pleasant start to the Sunday , here I have one of my seamasters , question I have is about the damage that was done to the case back , no doubt someone had a hard to me to open it and maybe , didn’t use the right tool ?!, the case back is already heavily polished by the previous owner to try and smooth out the scratches, please look at the pic and advise , should I attempt to do more polishing ? and if, will it do more bad than good ? the dial is in immaculate condition IMHO , the 321 movement pristine , running perfect like Rolex haha, and the movement is adjusted two positions , is this adjustment any unusual on this ref # , please give me your opinion, thank you all and good day, regards . kazd
 
Posts
3,621
Likes
7,885
Looks like nice original example with clean dial alpha hands and sharp case.
I don’t think polishing the caseback adds anything.
 
Posts
156
Likes
43
Looks like nice original example with clean dial alpha hands and sharp case.
I don’t think polishing the caseback adds anything.
thank you , and it truly is one of my best seamaster with the 321, I’ll be posting more of them , and to repeat my question about the movement being adjusted two positions , does this make it a tru chronometer quality , I think I have one more also adjusted but I have problem to open the snap on case back , or is gold so I may consider getting a good opener , I’ll look on esslinger. any advise on this please , and here another one , not sure if the hands were repainted , but you guys have perfect knowledge and sharp eyes , thank you , regards and good day ,kazd
 
Posts
3,621
Likes
7,885

Adjusted 2 positions discussed in this thread. Mostly in Seamasters for US market with OXG marking. Yours has OXG.
I don’t think these were chronometer certified.