Forums Latest Members

Screwdriver for new omega speedmaster bracelet?

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 30, 2020

Did you miss @Archer s post on the first page that tells you the perfect screwdriver

There is no Omega New speedmaster Bracelet screwdriver.

schoolboy likes this.
  2. Pun Aug 30, 2020

Will this do?

Screenshot_2020_0831_093848.jpg
  3. Gruesome Aug 31, 2020

If you shape it right. But starting from a 6mm wide tip is maybe not optimal; lots of filing. Plus (or rather, minus), 'fully magnetized' near your watch is also not great.

Pun likes this.
  4. Pun Aug 31, 2020

Yes indeed so. I just didn't think all that. Its so nice of you to remind me the basics.
    Regards

5. schoolboy Aug 31, 2020

I saw his post, but I was hoping for a screwdriver that I could just buy and use without having to modify it.

6. Pro Diver Aug 31, 2020

Here is my experience on a hesalite Speedmaster Professional. The perfect screwdriver that needs no filing or adjustment is a wiha 1.8mm that I purchased from Amazon for about $8. In fact, I bought an entire set for under $30. I attempted to remove screws using a set of jewelers screwdrivers that included a 1.8 and I mangled a screw. Bought the wiha and after applying gentle pressure, all the screws loosened with no problem. No boiling water, no hair dryer, no butane torch needed. That's my story and when I told the AD, who originally offered to size the bracelet, he chuckled and sent a few extra screws. Nice customer service.

schoolboy and Evitzee like this.
  7. Gruesome Aug 31, 2020

If the Wiha fits, then that is great. I didn't have to modify the 1.8mm (I assume; would have to check) screwdriver out of my Ofrei.com FB-1240 set(*) either when I sized the bracelet and added the adjustable diver clasp on my stainless coaxial Speedmaster. No heat applied either; and no scratches :cool:.

Pun: it's all about the details... One could probable even start with a rusty nail, file it to the right shape, get it red hot and then quench it to harden it a bit. But the tool you posted has a nicer handle!

(*): but this is the Omega forum, so the proper recommendation is to buy a nice Horotec set!

Edited Aug 31, 2020
  8. schoolboy Sep 1, 2020

I will order that soon