Forums Latest Members
  1. Watchmaster82 Sep 19, 2020

This has been the situation for quite a few years now. I managed to get my hands on a Black GMT in Dubai a few years ago. I believe they have the largest Rolex store in the world. I have been travelling to Dubai annually (apart from this year) and unfortunately can't get any SS model or get on a waiting list for a model I want. I have spoken to many ADs around the world and the story changes but the result the same :(

duffy-d likes this.
  2. Shay Sep 19, 2020

Interesting, did you get the watch yet or are you still waiting?

3. slwoodster Sep 19, 2020

YMMV. Varies by AD.

4. Jeeper Sep 19, 2020

I was under the impression that rather than a private company, Rolex is actually a registered charity! Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Chef40 likes this.
  5. Jeeper Sep 19, 2020

Apologies, asked & answered earlier in thread

Stripey and Foo2rama like this.
  6. Bushido Sep 19, 2020

I placed the order last week and was given a time frame of about 1-2 months.

7. cjoedaniel Sep 21, 2020

I was surprised to see large building size ads for the new Submariner on Sunday at the conclusion of the Tour de France in Paris on the Champs. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Rolex ad for that race. The irony being advertising for a watch that is unattainable.

Shay likes this.
  8. Shay Sep 21, 2020

Thanks let’s us know when you get the watch :thumbsup:

9. Evitzee Sep 21, 2020

I don't think the large Rolex ads had any connection with Le Tour, they were just smart enough to secure those building spaces. They were going to be in the television shots one way or the other as the riders made eight laps past that building.

10. chows99 Sep 21, 2020

My take is that different models have different number of clients waiting and a helpful AD should inform you which model is more attainable.

I think its always good to have a face to face discussion about the options available.

Good luck guys!

11. scapa Sep 21, 2020

I think this is excellent advice. Particularly the final para.

I have "established relationships" with a few ADs in the UK and Canada. It is worth pretty much what you'd expect: the odd email and a drink when I drop in. The cash I've spent has had no measurable impact on my waiting list position beyond the right of first refusal on a few watches I had not inquired about and didn't want. Bit there's always a chance that a watch comes in that you actually want, and aren't settling for because it's the watch they have, and then the strategy has paid off. I no longer buy watches where deposits without an end-date are required.

My solution? Buy a near-mint Explorer with warranty at a slight markup, and then explore the wider world of watches that don't require this odious rite of passage.

kkt, rjdemarco and Scooterino36 like this.
  12. Shay Oct 28, 2020

Hi guys just to update you. I registered with an AD in August with a deposit for an Explorer 1 and I had a receipt with the order saying it should arrive early October. And today they called me and said the watch had arrived. Maybe things are opening up.

kkt, Martin_J_N and akshayluc420 like this.
  13. Martin_J_N Oct 28, 2020

Excellent news, looking forward to some pictures when you pick it up.

14. Shay Oct 28, 2020

Yes definitely

15. TheRealMe Oct 28, 2020

Wow!!! Where is your AD?

I hope it isn’t a dream that steel GMTs will become available.

16. Shay Oct 28, 2020

London UK

17. TheRealMe Oct 28, 2020

Maybe the fact that tourism is down currently allows locals to buy quickly? The usual London tourists aren’t there in numbers to do their shopping.

18. Martin_J_N Oct 28, 2020

Love the optimism, speaking to the SA who got me my Submariner last month and they advised that business is very very slow at the moment. Not many customers coming into the store and not many watches coming from Rolex, the new Submariner is dribbling through but anything else in SS (Professional watches) is extremely hard to get hard of, in addition the store cannot provide either a SS DJ36 or DJ41 for customer and is just taking names and watch configurations.

This is one of the Watches of Switzerland stores in the UK, even the window and display case displays were reduced, about the only watches they had were TT DJ's in 36mm or smaller and Cellini's (a few of them). There was one YM37 in Rose gold on an OF in the window.

19. TheRealMe Oct 28, 2020

So I guess that is a dream then.

Can’t wait to visit London again, maybe I can find something at Watches of Switzerland.

Hopefully the world will return to normal next summer, maybe that’s dreaming too.

20. Shay Oct 28, 2020

Some AD are still very difficult. I guess I was lucky with this AD. I have never bought any watch from them.

Martin_J_N likes this.