Forums Latest Members
  1. Syzygy May 26, 2021

To each their own...I prefer to be debt free...and taking a leap, I'd assume those willing to pay twice retail just to avoid a wait list are either mortgaged to their teeth, or, have more money than taste can buy. To the first, good luck with that...to the second, good on you!...what else are you doing to improve the collective human experience?

Damn...I just re-read what I just wrote...aren't I a cynical bastard!?

2. Martin_J_N May 26, 2021

Damn glad I only paid AD price for my 124060, and only had a 3 week wait.

Still I doubt that the waitlist is 5 years, maybe the guy just has more money than sense.

DoctorEvil likes this.
  3. Evose Jun 4, 2021

I’m still waiting.. passed on date sub in favor of the no-date back in Dec, and I keep hearing they’re becoming easier and easier to get, but nothing yet.. I keep checking in and making small talk. If I lived closer I would definitely pop-in more often.

We discussed Tudor for a second and he offered up bb58 in blue on bracelet, but that watch just doesn’t do it for me. I would rather purchase an aqua terra.

Trying to build another relationship with a local AD, even purchased some diamonds for an anniversary coming up.. if they don’t deliver, I’ll definitely not be returning there - money had to be spent either way, figured this would help get me on their lists for the Milgauss blue dial and sub.

Definitely prefer my primary AD, no games, full transparency and always delivers on his word. Sold me a Rolex with no prior history and offers up desirable pieces without the AD bs we all hate. Here’s hoping a sub comes through this year - hopefully from him.

DoctorEvil likes this.
  4. DoctorEvil Jun 5, 2021

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your quest. Keep us updated so that we can all improve our knowledge and hopefully see your new watch soon!

This question is for everyone on this forum:
    Just wondering if Rolex ADs do what new car dealers do. I've heard that if you've registered your interest in a particular model car (say BMW) and have been given a quote by one dealer, your details go into a central computer database. In that way, if you go to another BMW dealer across town trying to get a better deal, the other dealer will know what you've been quoted and so won't go too far below the first quote. Don't know if Rolex does the same with wait lists. If yes, then could that maybe make it a waste of time going to multiple ADs?

5. Evose Jun 5, 2021

Thanks, I'm optimistic :)

I think you're referring to customizing vehicles through bmwusa.com which does give the option to forward your build code to a number of dealers.. but I've never heard of quotes being shared amongst dealers and therefore limiting negotiating power. I've at least never experienced that, not with BMW, Volvo or Acura. It's an interesting scenario.. one that would limit discounts and therefore allow for a more regulated pricing structure.. but this isn't Rolex, no ones jumping to purchase an m340, you can just buy one off the lot. This isn't Rolex pre-2016 where you can just walk in and purchase a sub, maybe even Daytona. Cars, short of more desirable and limited production models will always be easily accessible. Hell, I just passed on allocation for an m2 comp at MSRP where west coast is marking up 10-15k.

As for Rolex ADs, I very much doubt they share information. That's how business is lost.

Edited Jun 5, 2021
    DoctorEvil likes this.
  6. applebook Jun 5, 2021

+1

Only acceptable debts for me is housing and potentially your first car.

DoctorEvil likes this.
  7. DoctorEvil Jun 5, 2021

I agree 100%.
    At the end of the day, for me anyway, a SS Rolex is just a "nice to have" item. It's an indulgence and definitely not one I'm willing to be in debt for. The cash outlay for me is not insubstantial and there's better things that it can be used for like paying down my mortgage, my kids' school fees etc. These are more worthwhile "investments".

8. Hoddspur Jun 6, 2021

I’m in the UK and just happened to be looking at the pre- owned watches in the window of a local jewellers (not a Rolex AD) yesterday. Wow!! :unsure:

2D4FA03B-2D51-444F-88A6-22BEDD5BBD7A.jpeg
    DoctorEvil and jaguar11 like this.
  9. jaguar11 Jun 6, 2021

Pre owned is good advice....

10. DoctorEvil Jun 6, 2021

OMG those prices are nuts!

Archer and 64Wing like this.
  11. marcn Enough space to say witty Jun 6, 2021

Keeping with your name and avatar, consider this edit:

“I used to think those prices crazy, now I see their nuts!”

DoctorEvil and 64Wing like this.