Forums Latest Members
  1. Skogh Jun 10, 2019

Showed it to a professional watchmaker that works with vintage watches primarly. He said that it is 100% Omega (except for the glass that I have taken off) at least the parts, he wasn't sure if it's the original that came with the watch or if someone has replaced them with Omega parts that are true to that model, but might be from a different Omega watch. He also said that the lume was weird on the hour markers but maybe someone replaced just the markers and not the hands. He said that the case is the right one for that dial.

I don't know who to belive anymore? :thumbsdown: What you wrote got me thinking that the watchmakers wrong but there's no reason for him to lie and he could've just said that he didn't know. I still think it's fishy but... He's a professional watchmaker :thumbsdown:

2. GMTspeedmaster Jun 10, 2019

its hard to tell for me. looks okay

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 10, 2019

Well a watch maker that sees a few a year, or the experts who look at hundreds a year?

Your watch makers claiming it’s missing a rehaut or tension ring... not on that case. But the original case that dial was in, yes.

2nd you never have a dial with lume, and hands without. It is common on watches built from other watches.

Edited Jun 10, 2019
    Mac5, Observer and X350 XJR like this.
  4. Skogh Jun 13, 2019

Can you elaborate on that? What do you mean? There's no glass at all on it right now so that's why he couldn't say anything about the glass obviously.

Will a glass with a tension ring not fit?

I'm waiting for a glass with a ring. Hoping it will fit? Last glass didn't have a ring and it popped right off.

And he said all the parts are Omega. Aren't they? But from different watches have I learned. So it's not original but the parts are from Omega is the info I've gotten.

Edited Jun 13, 2019
  5. Skogh Jun 13, 2019

I've ordered this glass 31,6.

Screenshot_20190609_023950_com.android.chrome.jpg
  6. yande Jul 7, 2019

Respect. For all the reasons I have heard for people buying an Omega, this one will stay in my mind..

DaveK likes this.