Recommended Vintage OMEGA WATCHES (only) On EBAY (NOT for Inquiries)

18K gold Omega hidden crown piepan, really nice overall condition, non-luminous dial, and these hidden crowns are noticeably larger than other piepans at 35.5mm and wear similar to a Datejust 36. It won’t go cheap but for whatever reason hidden crowns get less attention than doglegs, lyre lugs etc so it won’t be excessive either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3941110587...tem5bc2d98348:g:HFsAAOSwi0hipOI8&LH_Auction=1

319DB747-4FA4-48E3-BDEC-C30B1C2E8DFC.jpeg

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
That's my grail watch. Problem is they don't look like they will send it to the UK.

As a matter of interest, my understanding is one "T" after Swiss Made means Tritium hands, not hour markers, and I see no lume plots around the edge, but I do see that the hour markers have cut outs which would appear to be for lume. Is that correct?

That's my grail watch. Problem is they don't look like they will send it to the UK.

As a matter of interest, my understanding is one "T" after Swiss Made means Tritium hands, not hour markers, and I see no lume plots around the edge, but I do see that the hour markers have cut outs which would appear to be for lume. Is that correct?
Yea I assumed that based on some devilles that it seemed to fit for regarding the single T but it isn’t the case

You never know, you might find an online friend who's heading to the UK and might help out!

You never know, you might find an online friend who's heading to the UK and might help out!
I will keep an eye on it.

UK Watch, really nice hidden crown Constellation 168.004 in steel, seller is Stefan a really good watchmaker in the UK so its likely in good mechanical order too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255574354695?epid=5051030993&hash=item3b816b2b07:g:r9gAAOSwbK5id9Yb&LH_Auction=1

E84F81E3-1E40-4182-8B78-6BD3B7459E7B.jpeg

3 hours left on this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2555743546...tem3b816b2b07:g:r9gAAOSwbK5id9Yb&LH_Auction=1

e84f81e3-1e40-4182-8b78-6bd3b7459e7b-jpeg.1429049

At 797 GBP, a steal imo! I wasn't a bidder, but one of the reasons to be grateful to @dsio is this thread helps bring good sellers to attention, thanks.

Although he says it was serviced 4 years ago. As a watchmaker I’d have thought he would have given it a service before selling it.
I expect that if you are a watchmaker, the value of a full service (in terms of your time, cost of parts etc) is more than the value it would add to the final selling price. People just don't appreciate the value of a genuine full service when they are buying a watch - which is really annoying, because it would be great if you could buy vintage watches fully serviced more easily, instead of having to factor in the unknown time and expense of having it done.

One problem is the professional sellers who claim that watches have been serviced when they obviously haven't been serviced properly - this decreases the value of a genuine full service when selling a watch. I wish there was some sort of certification scheme that could prove that a watch had been fully serviced.

I expect that if you are a watchmaker, the value of a full service (in terms of your time, cost of parts etc) is more than the value it would add to the final selling price. People just don't appreciate the value of a genuine full service when they are buying a watch - which is really annoying, because it would be great if you could buy vintage watches fully serviced more easily, instead of having to factor in the unknown time and expense of having it done.

One problem is the professional sellers who claim that watches have been serviced when they obviously haven't been serviced properly - this decreases the value of a genuine full service when selling a watch. I wish there was some sort of certification scheme that could prove that a watch had been fully serviced.
Exactly, on eBay almost everyone lies about watches being serviced as it’s hard to disprove and at best it’s usually a dunk’n’swish job. We know he’s a actual quality watchmaker but he’s a rare exception.

Whoever bought it got a good deal on a great watch, especially for the UK market

It seems non paying winners (or possibly shill bidding?) is on the rise. 5 different watch auctions I have watched (now including this one), that recently ended, have all been re-listed.

I think generally it’s more a reflection on the seller than the buyer.