REBUS puzzles

This is the latin name for this weird animal - provide the common name, photo and a little info.

You will need the Google machine if, like me, you don't speak dead languages.

Of course you will have to be creative with your spelling.

7/10 difficulty level (I think :D)

First word:

external-content.duckduckgo-7.jpg external-content.duckduckgo-8.jpg external-content.duckduckgo-10.jpg

Second word:

external-content.duckduckgo-11.jpg external-content.duckduckgo-12.jpg external-content.duckduckgo-15.jpg external-content.duckduckgo-16.jpg

Uroplatus phantasticus = satanic leaf-tailed gecko

From Wikipedia:

Uroplatus phantasticus, the satanic leaf-tailed gecko, eyelash leaf-tailed gecko or the phantastic leaf-tailed gecko, is a species of gecko indigenous to the island of Madagascar. First described in 1888 by George Albert Boulenger, U. phantasticus is the smallest in body of the Uroplatus geckos, though there is an ongoing debate[citation needed] as to whether one of its cousins, U. ebenaui, is smaller because of its shorter tail.

From Wikipedia:

Uroplatus phantasticus, the satanic leaf-tailed gecko, eyelash leaf-tailed gecko or the phantastic leaf-tailed gecko, is a species of gecko indigenous to the island of Madagascar. First described in 1888 by George Albert Boulenger, U. phantasticus is the smallest in body of the Uroplatus geckos, though there is an ongoing debate[citation needed] as to whether one of its cousins, U. ebenaui, is smaller because of its shorter tail.
Pfft! Ya beat me to it!

From Wikipedia:

Oh What!!?? ::confused2:: That was supposed to be a tough one :D obviously I need to lift my game :thumbsdown:

external-content.duckduckgo-2.jpg

I guess it would be true to say, just who hasn't been pipped to the post by @TasMike a few times...?

external-content.duckduckgo-1.png
To be fair, I only got as far as ‘euro’ until I realized it had been answered :)

Is there no such thing as a rebus “puzzle” any more? I sit in wonder! Wow!

@Charlemagne1333 ,

Can you put your answer into a name? I don’t know if the Chinese sculpture is the answer.
I think I’m about three parts the way there.

Confucius.

77384527-03F9-42FE-BAE0-C08D174066D0.jpeg

If I’m right I’ll show my workings. If not, it’ll be a consolation drink.

I think I’m about three parts the way there.

Confucius.

77384527-03F9-42FE-BAE0-C08D174066D0.jpeg

If I’m right I’ll show my workings. If not, it’ll be a consolation drink.
CFB41061-DEAB-4BE0-BF4D-1A5593DE0135.jpeg

Okey dokey.

Convict
FUBAR (movie) minus breakfast Bar
Schuss - term for a downhill run on skis

There’s no fooling you folks! Or is there? Hmmmmmmm!

There’s no fooling you folks! Or is there? Hmmmmmmm!
Sometimes these puzzles follow a logical sense.
Other times it’s like wading through custard. Mostly custard with me.

All good fun, though :)
Edited:

Sometimes these puzzles follow a logical sense.
Other times it’s like wading through custard. Mostly custard with me.

All good fun, though :)

+1 :whistling: