Really disappointed with service at Omega boutique.

First post here, first time Omega customer. So I purchased a Seamaster from Chrono24 from a 5 star seller. The watch arrived yesterday and I was blown away with the packaging from Omega, then I open to see the watch and I am just as ecstatic. Now I wanted to get a couple Nato straps to compliment my new purchase so I go to the Bellagio's Omega store and get the bracelet re-sized and grab a couple straps. Everything went well, the guy was great.
On the evening I am admiring my new watch when I notice the 12 o clock marker is not aligned properly, the left rectangle if you like is more left than it should be and the 12 marker is not sitting symmetrical. So now the thought crosses my mind that it wasn't authentic. I contact the seller who is very pleasant and tells me to go to Omega to get it verified. No worries, I will go back.
So today I contact the guy who helped me and he checks the serial number and he indeed says its authentic, I inform him of the mis-aligned 12 and he tells me to bring it in to see what we can do. I think great.
So i go in and show him, he looks at it and informs me that he can see it to and he has seen this before with Bremont. So I am here thinking okay cool, we will get this fixed. I ask him what can be done, he says nothing at this point. I was shocked. He said because I didn't buy it from the boutique they cant fix it. I ask what the warranty covers then, he explains some details and then I say so even though its defect model which you can se, from a brand new model you wont help me out? he said they cant. He then goes on to say if you'd have purchased it here it would be sent to Switzerland etc. I told him that when I worked at Chanel, no matter where the client had purchased the bag we would still want to fix it because its a representation of the brand. He said unfortunately I cant help you, if you buy watches off a guy in Kansas this is what happens. FYI it was from a boutique who has a store on Chrono24, not a guy in Kansas.
The whole experience was very off putting for the brand, this is my first Omega and cant help but feel this could have been handled in a different way. I can accept a mis stitched sneaker from Nike but a mis- aligned 12 marker from a luxury watch company is not something I was expecting.
I contacted Chrono to clarify if this was true, that they cant do anything even though its under warranty? he said that it wasnt.
So just wanted to check here on some advice on what to do, and is this normal behavior at the boutiques? He told me to live with the defect and deal with it because I didnt buy it from a boutique.
I have attached a pic of the watch so you can see also.

I’m sure there’s some rule about Omega only consider it a defect if it’s visible with the naked eye at 30cm. I believe this is pretty standard practice. Perhaps the boutique are saying they’d go above this if you were their customer but you’re obviously not.

If you’re not happy, why not return it to the C24 seller and buy another from the boutique that you can inspect in person prior to purchase?

I’m sure there’s some rule about Omega only consider it a defect if it’s visible with the naked eye at 30cm. I believe this is pretty standard practice. Perhaps the boutique are saying they’d go above this if you were their customer but you’re obviously not.

If you’re not happy, why not return it to the C24 seller and buy another from the boutique that you can inspect in person prior to purchase?
Chrono24 said this was an 'Omega' problem, not a seller problem and told me to contact the service center directly.
As for the customer statement, thats pretty poor service in my opinion.

On the evening I am admiring my new watch when I notice the 12 o clock marker is not aligned properly, the left rectangle if you like is more left than it should be and the 12 marker is not sitting symmetrical.
So you are saying this, in my screenshot below, is not aligned properly? If so, that wouldn’t bother me. It’s barely noticeable, if really at all.

IMG_1482.jpeg

I don't think I would have noticed the 'defect' if you hadn't pointed it out with an enlarged photo. In any case, it wouldn't bother me, it's negligible imo, but you're the one who has to live with it.

So you are saying this, in my screenshot below is not aligned properly?

IMG_1482.jpeg

Correct, i have added two red lines in the above pic. In the Omega pic you can see theyre alligned.

I don't think I would have noticed the 'defect' if you hadn't pointed it out with an enlarged photo. In any case, it wouldn't bother me, it's negligible imo, but you're the one who has to live with it.
I think I took a photo of the watch and then noticed in the pic, it wasnt with my naked eye, but now i cant unsee it.

Chrono24 said this was an 'Omega' problem, not a seller problem and told me to contact the service center directly.
As for the customer statement, thats pretty poor service in my opinion.

Don’t they have a return policy anyway? Aren’t you covered by ‘distance selling regulations’ or similar that allow a return for any reason?
I agree though, barely noticeable and why would the boutique go above and beyond when you bought it elsewhere.

Correct, i have added two red lines in the above pic. In the Omega pic you can see theyre alligned.
I just want to point out, the first pic you drew lines on is a rendering and not an actual watch. But, also… 😁 …at least your bezel pip is centered.

IMG_1483.jpeg IMG_1484.jpeg

Jokes aside, if you’re really this unhappy with it, return it to the seller. Cut your loss and try to find another watch.

Don’t they have a return policy anyway? Aren’t you covered by ‘distance selling regulations’ or similar that allow a return for any reason?
I agree though, barely noticeable and why would the boutique go above and beyond when you bought it elsewhere.
I have worked at Dior, Chanel, Versace and Bottega Veneta in the past, in every case we would take care of the product as it represents the brand. Thats why.
Chrono support seemed pretty firm on their response 'Unfortunately, the misalignment of the dial is attributable to an oversight in Omega's Quality Control process, and while such occurrences are rare, they are not unheard of.'

I just want to point out, the first pic you drew lines on is a rendering and not an actual watch. But, also… 😁 …at least you bezel pip is centered

View attachment 1740391 View attachment 1740392

Jokes aside, if you’re really this unhappy with it, return it to the seller. Cut your loss and try to find another watch.

Yes lol i am at least happy with that.
Chrono were adamant on telling me its an Omega issue
'Unfortunately, the misalignment of the dial is attributable to an oversight in Omega's Quality Control process'

OK- you bought the watch from a Chrono24 seller to save money (presumably)

but then when there is an issue, you expect the Boutique to foot the bill.

😵‍💫

Simple solution: if it bugs you, return it to the chrono24 seller.

Question - is the watch still under warranty? If so, did seller provide you with the cards or evidence of online registration from Omega?

I would think that the Boutique would handle warranty shipping to either NJ or Switzerland free for a warranty claim. But not for a non-warranty repair.

Looking at your 2nd picture, the dial could be within factory specs for alignment.

If you are not happy, contact Omega US Corporate in NJ and see what they say. If company will fix or replace dial, they will call Boutique and make arrangements.

upload_2024-2-15_18-55-34.png

gatorcpa

OK- you bought the watch from a Chrono24 seller to save money (presumably)

but then when there is an issue, you expect the Boutique to foot the bill.

😵‍💫

Simple solution: if it bugs you, return it to the chrono24 seller.
Where did i say i want the boutique to foot the bill? i have a warranty right?

He said because I didn't buy it from the boutique they cant fix it.
Did the watch come with an Omega warranty card? If so, you are aware you can go directly through Omega instead of using a middleman (IE a boutique)? Just be aware, this “defect” you are seeing very well may be within Omega’s tolerances.

Question - is the watch still under warranty? If so, did seller provide you with the cards or evidence of online registration from Omega?

I would think that the Boutique would handle warranty shipping to either NJ or Switzerland free for a warranty claim. But not for a non-warranty repair.

Looking at your 2nd picture, the dial could be within factory specs for alignment.

If you are not happy, contact Omega US Corporate in NJ and see what they say. If company will fix or replace dial, they will call Boutique and make arrangements.

upload_2024-2-15_18-55-34.png

gatorcpa
Thank you, you answered my original question. It does have a warranty yes. I thought the boutique would have done the same also. I will call the corporate office. Thanks again