Forums Latest Members

Railmaster Trilogy and 321 Bracelet

1. Caliber561 Aug 13, 2021

Ever since the 321 was announced I've been trying to get my hands on its bracelet to try and fit it to my Trilogy Railmaster. Today, I was able to do just that – and I am quite satisfied with the results.
    full watch1.jpg

One thing that has recently bothered me about the original bracelet, aside from its thickness and untapered profile, is the difference in the width of the center links compared to the original. On the Trilogy bracelets, the center link is 12mm wide, whereas the original flat links, as well as the 321's, are 10mm.

bracelet.jpg

On the wrist, the bracelet is comfortable. While I didn't mind the chunkiness of the original, I do feel that the light and supple quality of the 321's bracelet is a huge improvement. It also doesn't hurt that it makes the watch a more accurate aesthetic approximation of vintage 2914s.

side.jpg

With that thought, I've said pretty much all I have to say. It's a fantastic bracelet, and I'd recommend people take a look at it if they get the opportunity to.

Some hastily taken beauty shots:
    diag.jpg

open1.jpg

redbag1.jpg

Many thanks to the Fashion Valley OB for being great to work with, as always!

SpdMastr, Fish70, Quanj2 and 23 others like this.
  2. Nowhere man Aug 14, 2021

Wow!
    That's gorgeous.

That's the bracelet it should have come with in the first place.

Did the end-links require any modification? Would you mind please sharing a picture of the back where the end pieces join?

Was it easy to order?

I'd love to buy one for my RM.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Alfista88 likes this.
  3. padders Oooo subtitles! Aug 14, 2021

It’s a nice improvement but not exactly cheap. To spend maybe 25% of the value of the watch again means you really have to hate the existing bracelet! I wear mine on the strap personally.

Do you lose the micro adjustment with the 321 bracelet of does it still have that feature?

4. s2000_driver Aug 14, 2021

That looks fantastic. I'd great appreciate end link fitting details. Did you have to grind down the "lip"?

5. Caliber561 Aug 14, 2021

The endlinks didn't require any modification, but the slimmer springbars used with the 007 Seamaster's Milanese bracelet were used instead of the springbars that had come with the original bracelet. I can post photos of the back in the morning.

The OB actually happened to have the bracelet in when I asked, so I didn't even need to wait for it to arrive after being ordered.

I don't know where you're getting the Trilogy Railmaster for 2.5-3k USD, but I would certainly like to know! The Omega bracelet really is somewhat pricey though, and I was considering getting an Uncle Seiko/Forstner Komfit 19mm. However, out of all the options, the Omega is the best in accuracy and build quality. The former was my primary criterion for selection, but the latter was also a big factor in my decision.
    I also wear the RM on a strap often – People say the lyre lugs of the Professional cases lend those watches to look especially good with straps, but I feel the same is just as true of the straight-lug models.

I am down to just the two manual micro-adjustment holes, but my wrist is fairly small, and I didn't need to use the tool-free micro adjust often. Even when I do, I never need to move it all the way to the third position/max extension.

Orion78 likes this.
  6. padders Oooo subtitles! Aug 14, 2021

In my market where there is 20% VAT the bracelet is around £750 and the watch is worth around £3,300. I rounded 22.7% up a bit but It isnt wasn’t far off!

I forgot about the issue of the lip. Please do post a caseback shot so we can see how it sits.

7. Caliber561 Aug 14, 2021

That's pretty crazy. The price here in the states is $680...

8. padders Oooo subtitles! Aug 14, 2021

At that price I’d be interested too.

9. Orion78 Sep 16, 2022

@Caliber561

This thread is an older one, but for me its pretty actual. I own my Railmaster about two month and think about wearing my watch with the 321 bracelet.
    Could you please sent a photo or two from the backside.
    Thank you very much,
    Grüsse, Falk

Edited Sep 16, 2022
  10. CliffBooth Sep 16, 2022

I'm with you on this! looking at bracelet options myself for my RM because I find the one that came with the watch quite terrible... Would be great to have confirmation of how good the 321 bracelet fits on the Trilogy RM...
    In the meantime, I've ordered the Forstner 19mm flat link because I've been told it's a pretty close fit.

Orion78 likes this.
  11. Al22 Sep 16, 2022

It looks awesome :)
    I would be great, if it fits the Seamaster 60th aniversary too. Does anbody has some experience?

Best Alex

12. CliffBooth Sep 16, 2022

13. Orion78 Sep 25, 2022

Hallo Omegafans
    Now I have my new bracelet and I can show some photos, if you want to know, how it fits and looks on the railmaster.
    I used 1,5mm Springbars too, it needed no other modification. I am very happy with the result, the 321 bracelet is very comfortable to wear and I really love the style. I do not know a better bracelet to the Railmaster Trilogy
    Solong, Falk

20220924_130328.jpg 20220924_130401.jpg 20220924_130416.jpg 20220924_125329.jpg
    Edited Sep 25, 2022
    marco, Caliber561, Doc Olives and 8 others like this.
  14. CliffBooth Sep 25, 2022

Thank you very much for sharing the pics and for the feedback on the 321 bracelet! Very useful! It looks great. Am I correct that the fit of the endlinks on the case is not perfect though? Or that's what it appears from some of the pics (i.e. the original bracelet fits better right?)
    I'm waiting for the Forstner bracelet to arrive so will be able to compare the fit.
    Thank you!
    Best,
    David

15. Dchang81 Sep 25, 2022

I thought it was just me that didnt think much of the RM trilogy bracelet

16. Orion78 Sep 26, 2022

Hi David
    Yes, is does not fit perfectly, the bracelet is not made for the railmastet. Perhaps it looks not so well on the picture, but it works pretty good and it looks (very) good enough for me :D.
    I have never worn the original bracelet, because of the bulky clasp. I have the forstner Flatlink on my 60th Speedy and it fits very well. But there I needed smaler springbars, too. The Forstner is good made, but it is not an original, I like the 'elastic' links and it sounds vintage on the wrist. The 321 bracelet has no sound...

CliffBooth likes this.
  17. CliffBooth Sep 26, 2022

Hi Falk - thank you for explaining. I actually just received the Forstner bracelet. I agree that it's comfortable and it's very well made but it seems to make too much noise on the RM. I think it's because of the way the endlinks interact with the case. They look good but they flap against the case when you move. I find it quite annoying... When you stretch the bracelet you can see there's too much room between the endlinks and the case. They also sit much lower than the case. Seems I'll need to buy the 321 bracelet after all... Attaching some pics of the Forstner flatlink on the RM for reference.

IMG-1661.jpg IMG-1662.jpg IMG-1663.jpg IMG-1664.jpg IMG-1666.jpg
    Orion78 likes this.
  18. Orion78 Sep 26, 2022

Hi David
    Thank you for your explaination and the pictures, because my fist plan was to buy the Fortner Flatlink, now I am glad to own the 321er bracelet.
    OK, it ist a lot more expensive, but for me it is worth. Yes, the Forstner links semms to be a bit to small, you can see a gab between, with the 321er there ist not so much space. The rattlings bracelet is for some Omegalovers the sound, they want to hear, others get stressed, I think there ist no right or wrong, ist semms to be a matter of taste :cool:

DIV likes this.
  19. Slevin kelevra Sep 26, 2022

That looks lovely.

Caliber561 likes this.
  20. Caliber561 Sep 26, 2022

Glad to see others are enjoying the bracelet on the Railmaster! I'd since forgotten to revisit the thread and follow-up with pictures, but as can be seen by @Orion78's post, the bracelet fits quite well to the watch. I'm still enjoying mine. :thumbsup:

CliffBooth and Orion78 like this.